Calm (Fluff)

(SLIGHT SPOILERS FOR STEVEN UNIVERSE FUTURE! Reader's gender and sex is not specified. This one is kinda short and sweet, I'll make them longer I just wanted to write a little fluff~)

You shuffled lightly, the haze of sleep beginning to leave your system. Strong arms wrapped tight around you with your back flush to his chest, his steady breathing tickled your neck. The movie that was on long forgotten and finished repeated the opening menu.

You and Steven, more so Steven, has an extremely rough night. Nightmares plagued his mind, fear of losing control, regrets and the like just kept flooding his mind. As much as you tried, you couldn't get them to leave, you couldn't give him the release he needed. Steven's PTSD wasn't much of a surprise to you when he told you about it a few weeks ago. He needed so much support which he refused, he never wanted anyone to worry about him. The teen had been through a lot from such a young age. Never going to school, fighting monsters, the thoughts of those he couldn't save, being suffocated by his mother's memory and mistakes, being held accounted for everything she had done, the poor kid needed a break. Although most of the fighting stopped when he was 14, after he discovered his mom's true identity and went to converse with her family. So throughout the night you held him. Your fingers grazing through his curls, your breathing steady, him leaning into you and crying into your neck, his tight grip around you like you'd disappear, you were there for him. You rocked him as he curled into you, despite the fact that he was bigger than you in size and stature, the way you two were seated enabled your movements. Soft loving kissed were shared between the two through the night.

A small kiss was planted on your neck, spreading warmth and healing through your body, Steven nuzzled himself into you holding you tighter against his chest if that were possible. He was awake now, but clearly didn't want to get up just yet, And you were fine with that. Anything to make him happy.

No words were said and none were needed. You pressed a kiss to the hand that was near your face before letting out a calm sigh. Steven needed this as much as he didn't want to admit it. Something stable. Even though he knew change was extremely important in his life, he needed something that would stay the same in a way.

Steven inhaled deeply, nuzzling his face into your neck just a bit more. He really did need this.