v. | five

THE FOLLOWING DAY, I WOKE UP rather early. I was the first of the girls to wake up so I headed straight into the Common Room and sat by the fire with a book. A few moments later, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I turned around to see Tommy and Seamus entering the Common Room. "You're up early," Seamus pointed out, sitting in the armchair next to me.

Tommy leaned on the side of the sofa I was sitting on. I moved up slightly so Tommy could sit down. "Yeah, I fell asleep quite early last night," I told Seamus, putting my book down. "Those beds are actually quite comfortable," I noted, rather surprised.

Seamus nodded his head before his stomach growled loudly. "God, what time is it? I'm starving!" He turned around to take a look at the tall grandfather clock, behind him, which told him it was 6:30. He let out a groan and crossed his arms over his chest in a huff.

Tommy, Seamus and I began talking about the first day. "Oh," Tommy spoke up. "Percy left me with your schedule, I left it on the bookcase," he told me before walking over and grabbing it. He handed it to me and I took a quick glance at it. "What've you got first?"

I folded it up and put it in my book so I wouldn't lose it. "Divination," I told him. I wasn't sure whether to pick Divination or not because at Beauxbatons we only really studied subjects with a definitive answer. Divination is all down to interpretation so it would be new to me.

Seamus lifted his head up and unfolded his arms from his chest. "I've got Divination, as well," he added with a soft smile. "I'll take your there after breakfast," he told me, giving me a quick nod. "Trawlaney's classroom is chaos apparently."

I let out a soft laugh at the thought. "Madam Maxine would never have allowed that at Beauxbatons," I told the boys, to which they seemed rather interested in. They kept asking me what it was like at Beauxbatons. "It was in the mountains somewhere in the South of France. We had students from France, Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium, but most of my friends were from France."

Tommy looked quite intrigued, a lot more than what I thought anyone would be. "So can you speak French?" He asked me, to which I smiled, getting ready to impress.

I cleared my throat, preparing to speak the language I hadn't spoken in a few months. "Je parle couramment le français. Je peux aussi parler un peu espagnol et un peu de portugais," I spoke pretty well considering I hadn't spoken the language in a while.

Seamus' jaw dropped as Poppy and Stella entered the Common Room. "Tasmin speaks French!" He exclaimed pointing to me. "What did you say, exactly?" He asked me, his tone a lot less enthusiastic and a lot more confused.

The smile on my face only grew larger and another soft laugh fell out of my lips. "A vague translation is 'I speak French pretty much fluently. I also speak a little Spanish and a bit of Portuguese.' I haven't spoken French in a couple of months so I'm a little rusty on pronunciation," I told them all.

Stella grew a wide smile on her face, almost as though she had come up with a brilliant idea. "How about you teach us some French and then we can all speak in French so no one will know what we're saying?" She beamed at me.

I decided it was a pretty good idea, so swiftly agreed. Up until breakfast, I had been teaching them basic phrases and tenses so they could begin to learn the language. Breakfast went quite quickly and it didn't seem like long before Seamus and I began to head towards Divination with Harry and Ron.

I silently hoped and prayed that Draco wouldn't be in my Divination, even though I promised myself that anything he would say to me would mean nothing, it would just make things a lot easier. We arrived at Divination and just to my luck, Draco wasn't there.