v. WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF?

CHAPTER FIVE!( WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF? )

CHAPTER FIVE!
( WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF? )

   YOU, VIOLET, AND the boys sat in the library. You were seated in the back, nearly pressed up against on of the wooden bookshelves. A map of Welton and the surrounding area was laid out in front of you on the table.

"Okay, follow the stream to the waterfall. It's right there. It's got to be on the banks," Neil whispered as he pointed out the directions.

"I don't know, it's starting to sound dangerous," Cameron said.

You rolled your eyes. It had been funny before, but Cameron was really getting annoying. Everything was about merits and grades to him.

"Why don't you stay home?" Charlie retorted.

"For God's sake will you stop chattering and sit down!" Mr McAllister called from the front of the library.

You all turned your eyes back to your own papers, which in all honesty were just decoys in case the supervisor decided to walk past your table. Neil was the only one who didn't listen, instead he walked away from your table and sat down next to Todd, who was all alone. You smiled, Todd wasn't completely forgotten after all.

"Neil, Neil!" You heard Todd plead. You looked up to see Neil walking back over.

"Guys, Todd doesn't want to read. That's alright with you guys, right?" he asked, but his tone implied that it wasn't really a question. Whatever you said, it was clear that Todd was coming, and he wasn't going to read.

"Yeah, sure."

"Of course."

"Yep."

"Perfect," Neil nodded.

"Wait, we need snacks," you stated.

"Yes! Great idea Y/N. Everyone bring whatever you got. Oh, and don't forget smokes," Charlie smirked, whispering that last part more softly.

Later that night, you and Violet were sitting anxiously by your door. Neil told you to go outside of the backdoor of Welton after your hall monitor had went to bed. You both sat in silence, listening closely to the soft footsteps of Mrs. Benson pacing back and forth in the hall. Suddenly they ceased and you heard a door click. You waited a few more moments out of caution. You nodded to Violet and she grinned, unlatching your door slowly. The two of you slipped out of your room, pulling your hoods over your heads. You crept down the stairs, praying desperately that they wouldn't creak. To your relief, you made it down without any problems.