xi. POETRUSIC

CHAPTER ELEVEN!( POETRUSIC

CHAPTER ELEVEN!
( POETRUSIC. )

   THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY the dead poets met yet again. You made your way down through the mouth of the cave and took a seat near Knox. He was looking melancholy today. The rest of the boys were laughing as they lit their pipes.

"Attaboy, Pittsie, inhale deeply," Charlie said.

"How're you doing Knox?" you asked, nudging him lightly as the boys continued to talk about pipes. "It's Chris isn't it?"

He merely looked at you with downcast eyes and nodded. You decided not to prod and just patted him on the shoulder.

"Well, if you wanna talk girls, you've got me," you offered.

"Thanks, Y/N."

Charlie's attention was now turned to you and Knox.

"Come on, guys. Join in," he urged. You smiled at Knox one last time before moving to sit next to Charlie. Charlie put his arm over your shoulder and handed you his pipe. You took a drag before looking back to Knox. The boys all began urging him to speak up.

"We're here to help, man," Cameron reminded him.

"Yeah, we're from the government," Meeks added.

"What's wrong?" Charlie asked. You turned around and gave him a pointed look, implying he already knew. "Oh," he nodded.

"It's Chris!" Pitts shouted, shoving a playboy centrefold in Knox's face. "Here's a picture of Chris for you!" The boys all began laughing as they teased.

"Smoke that! Put that in your pipe and smoke it," Meeks laughed.

"That's not funny!" Knox said. He clearly did not find their high very amusing.

"Knock it off!" Charlie finally said, shutting them up. "Smoke your pipes."

Just then Neil appeared at the mouth of the cave, he was carrying a beat up light post with him, which you thought was rather unusual.

"Neil!" Meeks greeted.

"Friends, scholars, Welton men and women," he grinned.

"What's that you've got in your hand?" you asked.

"Duh, it's a lamp," Pitts retorted.

"Oh shut up, Pitts," Charlie defended.

"Oh, right, gotta protect your girlfriend," he teased.

"Shut up, Pitts," Charlie repeated.

"Guys!" Neil interjected as he pulled the shade off of the lamp to reveal the shape of a man. Everyone shifted their attention to him as they awaited an explanation.

"This is no lamp, this is the god of the cave," he smiled excitedly.

Suddenly the loud blasting of Charlie's saxophone split the air. "What do you say we start this meeting?" he asked, winking at you.