8: Cedric Diggory

"Miss Black?" Dumbledore called my name across the Great Hall. I sat in stunned silence - how had my name been pulled? I looked across the table at my friends, who had begun to eyeball me after my name had come out of the cup.

I stood shakily, ignoring the way all the Gryffindor's eyes followed me out. I walked through the door Dumbledore had pointed to and entered the room with the other four champions. I thought I was gonna pass out.

"What is she doing here?!" The French girl hissed, Fleur I think her name was, and I shrunk back. "Same thing az 'eem, I suppose," her headmistress muttered darkly, glaring at Harry and I. I shrunk away from her glare and went to stand with Harry.

He was looking at me strangely, as was the Diggory boy. "What're you doing here?" He asked quietly, pulling me to one of the corners. I threw my hands up. "I don't know. I think someone's out to get us, Harry." His eyes widened in shock and he let go of my arm. "What do you mean?" I stared at my brother of sorts and sighed heavily.

"Listen, something crazy has happened to you since you got here. And me... well, I'm the daughter of Sirius Black, do you really think they're gonna want me around?"

Harry nodded, agreeing that I had a point. The door opened behind us and Dumbledore walked through. "Black, Potter," the two names had his eyes twinkling funnily. "Did you put your names in the Goblet?" He asked quietly. I tried to ignore the looks the other people in the room were giving us. 

"Well, I did," I replied, wringing my hands. "But I'm a sixth year, I was allowed to." Dumbledore nodded his head and turned to Harry. "And you, Potter?" Dumbledore remained calm, even after Harry said he didn't put his name in. "I believe you. I have no idea why the Goblet did what it did, but here we are."

Professor McGonagall entered the room and stared at Harry and I, fear and slight disappointment written on her face.

"How did this happen?" The Durmstrang headmaster asked, curling his lip as he stared at Harry and I. I grabbed the younger boy and pushed him behind me and shooting a glare at Karkaroff. "Now, Igor," Dumbledore began, shutting up as Karkaroff and Madam Maxine began yelling at him in another language.

They were both gesturing wildly at Harry and I, and even Cedric, and kept moving closer. I backed up, making Harry move with me. I didn't take my eyes off the teachers as they all began arguing. Cedric moved over to join us, standing slightly in front of me.

I turned to give him an odd look, but didn't say anything. 

Eventually, Madam Maxine stormed off with Fleur in tow, with Karkaroff and Krum following them. McGonagall and Dumbledore both came over to the three of us, both looking extremely tired and annoyed. 

"Diggory, Black, Potter," Dumbledore said, the familiar twinkle in his eye as he addressed us. "Congratulations. I'm sorry there are three of you and this is highly unusual, but the rules state that you can't get out of it. I'm sorry."

We left shortly after we settled everything and Professor McGonagall dropped us off at our common rooms. We'd made sure Diggory made it into the common room before we set off for our common room. McGonagall heaved a sigh from beside me. 

"Professor?" I questioned, looking up at her. "Is everything alright?" She gave me a look that said everything clearly wasn't alright and I quickly shut up. 

"If you want my honest opinion," she began sharply. "There's no business in having three champions, much less five." McGonagall's hardened expression went soft as we came to a stop in front of the Fat Lady and she glanced at the two of us. "I never thought I'd be escorting another Black and another Potter around again," she muttered with a sigh. Harry and I shared a glance, and a smirk, before we turned back to our Head of House.