milkbath, Suds 2 | Premiere

{Pop the bubbly, Boo. We are back with Suds Season 2. This time it's a warm, floral milk bath. Ahhh, I feel so relaxed already, but for how long?

Last time on Suds, Leilah and Darien put that whole Shantel situation to bed. While, Sylus got caught up with someone else in his bed. Mira held her head up high and walked away knowing that her Sylus lied. But worst of all, Leilah's brother, JD, was shot and he died. Or did he?

The milkbath is ready, set. . .Suds!!}

• Monday

Mira stretched her arms out wide and let the warmth of the August sun kiss her mahogany brown skin.

Her favorite song blared through pink earbuds and she danced down the path, sending her short peekaboo romper twirling as she lip synced. Her back up dancers—the lush green grass and the tall trees—jostled and swayed, celebrating with their lead. Even the winding path embraced her happy feet as she danced.

Mira inhaled the beauty of her first HIV-free day on campus. She held the gazes of each passerby, folding them into her random dance number. First, Mira cut off the middle-aged Business professor. The lady laughed, shrugged, and did a little twist. Mira cheered, singing as she strutted onto her next impromptu dance partner.

She grabbed Darien's hand from behind and twirled herself.
"Mira?" he asked, taking in her honey rose extensions at the bottom of her asymmetrical bob. The golden pink ends were shallow on the right and dipped deeper on the left, well pass her shoulder. Pinkish blonde highlights peeked out from under the shorter side when the wind blew.
Darien laughed.

Mira noticed Sylus next to him. She jailed his gaze, singing, "I had my first heels by the age of thirteen—whoo." She kicked up her glittery rose gold, canvas shoes, smirked at Sylus, and skipped away to accost a pretty girl with long braids and mocha skin.

~

Sylus grimaced, rubbing his hand along his low cut fade. His dark eyebrows furrowed as he watched Mira grab the girl's hands.

Darien followed his glare. "You still didn't talk to her?"
Sy shook his head. "What I'm gon say, 'It wasn't me?'" He mumbled. "I don't even know how long she was standing there."
Darien watched his friend ache over his ex.

Mira spun away from the girl and skipped along her way, stopping only to shimmy with a blonde girl wearing shorts and chunky, open-toed sandals.

The grinning girl in the long braids waved at Darien and trotted toward them. "Mira is crazy," she laughed, hugging Darien.

Sylus peeled his eyes away from Mira and studied the new girl.
"What's up, Lique?" Darien turned to Sy. "This is my boy, Sylus."

Sylus shook her hand and his dark brows furrowed. "Who she look like, bro?"
"This is Leilah's lil sister."
Sylus nodded and a broad smile worked across his face. "She sure do look like a chocolate version of Lei."

Lalique's eyes sparkled at Sy. "It's nice to meet you, Sylus."
Sy bit his bottom lip. "Call me, Sy."
Lalique rolled her lips together and looked him up and down. A sultry smile inched across her lips as she twirled her hair.

Darien tensed. "You know where you going, Lique?"
Her cheeks warmed, but she kept her gaze trained on Sy a few heartbeats longer. "Yeah." She nodded her head in the direction of the octagon-shaped building. "Psych 101."

Sylus glanced up the path and caught a glimpse of Mira off in the distance, still dancing as she threw her hands up into the air. A lazy smile tugged the corner of his lips into a half smile.