milkbath, Suds 2 | Episode 3

{Last time on Suds, Mira accidentally hooked an instructor en route to becoming a doctor. But, we can't quite tell if she'll toss him back out to sea or enjoy being free. Meanwhile, there was an uber friendly air around Sylus and Shantel, but it's probably nothing, right? And, Leilah's family are being prepped for the pulling of a plug. We left poor Leilah grieving the decision on Darien's lap. That sounds like a good place to start splashing.

Toss in the bath salts and let's melt into this milkbath. Ready, set. . . Suds!!}

Her body heaved to the tune of her sniffles.
Darien held onto her. Hoping.

~~

Leilah sat on his lap, facing him as she wiped her tears. "I'm tired," she cried. "I'm tired of trying harder than everyone else. I'm tired of running into all these brick walls."

Fresh tears streamed down her cheeks. "How is this fair?" Her arms flew into the air. "And where is Shiela? How is it possible to pop seven kids out your twat and not even care what happens to them? It's not normal."

Darien leaned back on the sofa, holding onto her thighs while he listened.

Her sobs quieted and she dropped her blurred gaze to her trembling fingers. "Your mom—" she wiped away tears and forced a smile. "You're so lucky to have your mom. Latte—" Leilah sniffled and another bout of tears drowned her words.

Darien grimaced and pulled her onto his chest. Unsure of what to do, he held her until the sobs faded, rubbing small circles on her back. He listened to her breathing until it slowed. Relieved, he closed his eyes, trying to find something worth saying.

Her lips pressed against his neck.
Soft. Pained. Innocent.
He smiled and kept rubbing her back.
Then, her body sank, molding into his as she closed the small gap between them.
His eyes sprang open.
Her tight curls brushed against his cheek as her tongue moistened his neck, pulling his skin between her warm lips. Pleasure rippled through him. He groaned and slid his hand to her round bottom, squeezing her closer.

A trail of wet kisses rose up his neck, gliding along his jawline until her lips meshed with his. He felt her hurt laced inside the rhythm of the heart wrenching kiss. Her pain plead for comfort.

Darien leaned forward, holding her tight as he lifted her off the sofa and carried her to his room. Though words escaped him, his lips moved in tandem with hers, saying more.

She melted in his arms, peppering his face with molten kisses as he eased her onto the bed.

Darien stared at the beautiful face that masked her bruised heart. Her glassy eyes stared back at him, asking the question she agreed not to ask. She turned away.

A thought flit across his mind.
He shook it away and smoothed her fluffy hair, bringing her eyes back to his. Then his kissed her. Slow and deep, answering her question as he peeled off their clothes between loving kisses.

Bamboo sheets.
Bare skin.
Two hearts.
One beat.

~~

Tuesday •

Terrance walked across campus, holding onto the straps of his book bag. He stopped in front of the library and rubbed his low fade. I don't even feel like going up in here. He groaned and glanced up the path. Then he saw her.