milkbath, Suds 2 | Episode 4

{Last time on Suds, two became one after months of being one plus one. And Shantel hit us with a 180 so hard that we got whiplash. Poor Terrance is giving her a double take, but I don't know if it's safe. Meanwhile, what is going on with Sylus? I mean, who do you love and are you sure? Then again, he did say he was free as a bird.

Alright, enough speculating. Toes in the milkbath. Jump in when you're ready, set, Suds!!}

~~

Terrance glowered. "This part of a 12-step program?"
Shantel smoothed her hair, swooping it over her shoulder. "I guess. Minus the whole thing about being an alcoholic." Her eyes darted away and back. "I didn't mean to—" She rolled her lips together. "Actually, I did. I knew what I was doing and I did it anyway. I was selfish." She swallowed, pushing herself to finish. "I'm sorry—for hurting you."

His heart stuttered like the day he was body slammed into the truth. Pain cut through him and he winced. Anchoring himself on his book bag, he nodded. "It's cool. I'm good." Terrance spun away, coated in fresh resolve to never be her puppet again.

Shantel watched him leave and embarrassment prickled the lining of her throat. God, I hate apologizing. She rubbed the nagging feeling clawing at her throat.

Do I really have to apologize to that girl? She rolled her eyes. Flames raced along her skin.
"I can't do this," she grumbled. A second later, her decision firmed. "I'm not doing it." Satisfied, she tilted her head back, letting the sunshine warm her brown skin.

~~

Again.

Words didn't exist to describe the sensations that pulsed through every fiber of Leilah's being.
Time wouldn't move slow enough.
The day, short.
His reach, deep.
Her world, slipping.
Consumed.

His taste lingered on her buds.
Her heart filling with his love.
Dripping. Drenched.
Consumed.

Asleep.
His eyes on hers.
His touch. Her skin.
Their love.

Again.

~~

Mira pointed. "The building is right behind those trees. Stay on the path. You can't miss it."
Mira watched as Lalique banked the corner, disappearing behind the trees.
"I see it," she yelled. "Thanks, Mira."
"Call me later, my boo."
"I will," she answered from behind the trees.

Mira grinned and made her way back toward the Student Center. Then she stopped short, letting out a small gasp.

Sylus blocked her path, baring his pearl white teeth in an easy smile. "How long you gon block my calls?"

Mira combed her fingers through her hair. "Indefinitely."
He rubbed his low fade. "You look good."
"Thanks. So do you." The air grew warmer and she glanced at the double doors into the air conditioned building behind him.

"I—" Sylus stopped short.
Listening, she held her breath.
Sylus licked his lips. "I wanted to apologize."
She shrugged. "No need."
"I miss you."
Mira glanced away. "I have to go."

"Mira." He reached for her hand.
She snatched away. "I'm not doing this anymore."
Mira walked around him.
He grabbed her wrist, holding her back.
Hate filled her eyes. "Get your hands of me," she snapped.
"Dang, Mira. Talk to me. Please." His eyes glassed as he peeled his fingers off her wrist.

Mira sighed and crossed her arms. Biting anger swole inside her cool tone. "You want to talk? Let's talk." Mira propped a hand on her hip. "I loved you."
Light flickered in his eyes. "I love you, too."