chapter 8 ♣ First love, Best love

It was good to be back! Was the only thought on Manda’s mind. She was in a cab on her way to Rendevouz club. One of the best clubs in Abuja.

Her crew had rented the whole club for her welcome back party. A few minutes later, she got there.

“Hey gal, what's up? How was your trip?”

“How was your honeymoon?”

“Welcome back love”

“Good to have you back”

“Hope you had a pleasant trip?”

greetings and greetings and greetings!

They were all there. Nonso, Kayla, Bea, Lisa, Lisa’s husband Daniel and daughter Esther, Jax, Jamie, Connor. Bill wasn’t there though. And she missed him. Missed him terribly. Didn’t marriage say for better for worse?

He was her husband, of just one month, and yet, they were already having problems. Heck! They hadn't even consummated their marriage!

But no matter how long she thought about it, she still ended up with the feeling of betrayal. He could have told her. God knew he had many opportunities to do so. But he didn’t. He took her for a fool.

Maybe one of these days, she was going to go to Lisa’s office and ask for her professional advice.

“How was Paris like?” Nonso asked

“The place is freaking amazing! I took a lot of pictures” Manda feigned enthusiasm

And like that, the evening was gradually progressing until someone asked the dreaded question:

“Where’s your husband Manda? Isn’t he suppose to come with you too? I simply thought he was running late, that’s why I didn’t even ask about him earlier, but it’s been four hours now and he hasn’t even shown up.” Kayla said, faking a smile and as usual, being bitchy.

To tell the truth, Manda didn’t have the foggiest idea where her husband was. He could still be in Paris for all she knew. But then, she couldn’t exactly answer that  she didn’t know where her one month old husband was. They’d immediately catch on that something was wrong. Weren’t newly weds suppose to be inseparable?

…………………………………………………………………………………….

Kamsi walked into The Mirage, another popular club in Abuja, and spotted Bill at the bar, as soon as she walked in. she went over to seat beside him.

“Please can I get a glass of champagne? Crystal. Thank you” she said to the bartender. She brought out a cigarette and lit it

“I see you’re the same as usual Kamsi” Bill said smiling and looking at Kamsi, he himself nursing a glass of chapman, starring at the raven-eyed beauty.

She looked as if she hadn’t aged a day. She was two years older than Manda.

A drop-dead, gorgeous beauty. There was no where she went, where heads didn’t turn, including his.  Kamsi as always, looked as if she’d just walked out of a Forbes magazine Photoshoot.

she was all beauty and brains, not to add, stinkingly rich. She was also his first love. Kamsi. The girl he’d tried to have sex for the first time with, where he realized he couldn’t perform in bed…. Ever! Except she’d taken the news better than his own wife had.