chapter six

"YOᑌ ᖇEᗩᒪᒪY ᗩᖇE ᔕOᗰETᕼIᑎG ᔕᑭEᑕIᗩᒪ, YOᑌ KᑎOᗯ TᕼᗩT?"

Tuesday rolled around pretty quickly, and the previous night Ochako had been coaching herself on how to ask Deku to go to the Flower Festival with her. It was nerve racking, but slowly, she had built up confidence in order to ask.

Now, though, while entering the school and almost instantly spotting the unruly green hair that was so familiar, she felt that courage break.

How am I supposed to do this? Her thoughts seemed to swirl as many outcomes played like a movie in her mind. And for some odd reason, every single possibility resulted in disaster. The student groaned inwardly, hesitantly walking up to Deku and tapping on his shoulder.

The teenager turned around, instantly jumping a little when he spotted Ochako. "Oh, Uraraka!"

"Hey there, Deku," the brunette smiled, giving a little wave. "Walk to class with me?"

Izuku nodded, falling into step with her as she started to walk forward. There was comfortable silence between them as they headed to class, with the bickering of other students surrounding them. But Ochako didn't want to be tongue tied. She wanted to ask about the festival, but her confidence had already wavered the moment she stepped into school.

When they entered the classroom, they weren't greeted by Bakugo exploding everything up, which was actually surprising. Instead the students were all in their little cliques, most likely talking about the event coming up.

Subconsciously, Ochako followed Deku to his seat. She was just surprised as he was, and as he sat down, Uraraka decided it was now or never.

Start with a casual conversation, she thought, clearing her throat a little.

"Hey... uhm, Deku?" She started. Her friend had been pulling out books from his backpack, and at her voice he looked up at her expectantly.

"Yeah?"

"Are you planning on going to the festival, by any chance?" Ochako asked timidly, twirling a strand of hair with her finger. She did that when she was nervous.

Deku sat up straight, crossing his arms in thought. "I've thought about it, and I decided that I'm only going to go if someone or a group of friends asks me to go. It's always nicer to be with somebody than by yourself."

This is my chance! Uraraka looked away, pursing her lips nervously a little as she murmured, "Well... I mean.. I..."

Deku's eyes widened, and he leaned in a little. "Yes?"

Ochako shut her eyes tight, and started to stutter even more. "I-I could... we could..." her voice was barely more than a whisper when the door opened and Aizawa walked in.

"Everyone take your seats," he said monotonously, and everyone scurried back to their places hurriedly.

"Haha! Well! Guess I'll go back to my seat then!" Ochako said awkwardly, turning around quickly.

"Uraraka-..." but she didn't stick around to hear what Deku had to say as she shuffled to her seat, flopping down and quietly, somehow, slamming her head onto the desk. She earned a few concerned glances from the classmates that were near her, but she ignored them.