chapter ten

"I ᒪOᐯE ᒪIᔕTEᑎIᑎG YOᑌ."

"No! Not like that!" Ochako laughed, holding her stomach as she watched Izuku try to copy the move she had showed him.

"It's not my fault this is so hard!" Deku retorted, bumping into his desk chair for the third time that day. It was their first dance lesson after school, and the two were practicing at the Midoriya household. Needless to say, Deku had almost broken five of his own things while trying to dance.

Ochako shook her head, standing from his bed and shifting her feet and body to display a starting move. "Like this."

Izuku put his right foot in front of him, lifting his arms a little from his sides. Ochako nodded and slowly went through the move, watching as her friend tried his best to copy it.

After about 30 minutes of trial and error, Izuku dropped down onto his bed. "Man, who knew it would be this hard?"

"It's okay, Deku," Uraraka smiled, sitting down beside him. "Seven years of dance lessons really paid off for me, and you're just starting to learn. You won't look like a professional come the dance, but at least you'll be able to show them some killer moves!" She reached a fist out to him. "You can do it!"

Deku grinned, lifting his fist to bump hers.

Uraraka then sighed, standing up to collect her things. "Okay, I'll be heading home now. Got some homework to finish up."

Izuku sat up, staring at her as she walked towards the door. "Do you want me to walk you home?"

"I'll be fine," Ochako assured him. "Besides, it almost seems like you've been watching over me a lot recently, and you seem pretty tired from trying to dance all afternoon. Take a good rest, okay?"

Izuku looked hesitant, but he nodded. Ochako grinned and opened the door. Before she left, she looked back and waved. "Tomorrow, right?"

Midoriya nodded. "Yep. Tomorrow."

Uraraka looked at him for a few moments, before closing the door behind her. She waved goodbye to Inko, who gave her a little goodbye cookie.

Biting into the chocolate chip goodness, Uraraka walked down the street and to her house. She couldn't stop thinking about the way Deku danced. The zero-gravity user laughed softly, his stiff movements still lingering in her mind.

She had to admit, he was surprisingly decent for a beginner, he just needed to add more of a flow to his mobility.

Uraraka finished up her cookie and stared into space as she walked along the sidewalk, only snapping back to reality when the pavement in front of her turned back.

"Well well," a feminine voice cooed in her ear. "Look at what I've caught."

Ochako's heart sped up at an alarming rate, and before she could fight back she was dragged away quickly. When the hand over her eyes was brought away, she instantly leapt forward and whipped around.

Her eyes landed on a girl that was not much older than her, maybe nineteen. Brown dreadlocks cascaded down her tan and white skin, and alluring green eyes looked over her mockingly.

"So, you're the one they want, huh?" The woman said, taking a step closer as she examined Ochako. The zero-gravity user stepped back, darting her eyes around to take in her surroundings.