Chapter seventeen

"What is it about them? I must be missing something, They just keep doing nothing, Too intoxicated to be scared."

Week seventeen

Maddens POV

Waking up I groaned out as I stretched out my arms.

Hearing loud commotion coming from outside I stood up and slipped on a hoodie.

Gently closing the door behind me I walked down to the kitchen. Seeing people running around the house I frowned.

"Fuck." I muttered.

Running my hands across my face I figured out he was coming back today. They always make a big fucking deal out of it for no reason.

Rolling my eyes I made my way back to London. Once I got to the room I saw that she was already awake.

"Who's outside?" She frowned in confusion.

"The people that were here last week. They're waiting for his return." I told her.

"What?" She let out a breath, fear growing in her eyes.

"Hey, look at me." I said as I sat next to her. "Don't make that face. Just remember what I told you. Don't misbehave around him and he won't hurt you. You promised me you would behave, keep the promise for me."

Her eyes started to tear up and I shook my head as I pulled her into my arms.

"Please don't cry." I begged.

Burying her face into my neck I felt her tears slip on to my skin.

"I'm scared, Madden." She quietly sobbed. "What if he hurts me even if I'm behaving. You don't know how he's treated me inside of that room. I can't go back into that room."

"He won't hurt you. I promise you I would die trying to kill him before he can do anything to you." I whispered into her ear.

Holding her tightly I comforted her as she cried.

I wasn't going to let him hurt her. He had done enough of that to her, but that's not what I feared.

I knew he was going to find out. I knew he was going to do something to her once he did.

He was going to hurt the baby.

It wasn't his so I knew he would hurt her and the baby just to have his way.

I prayed that he wouldn't catch on quickly. He was hard of hearing and she was only a few weeks in. I could barely hear the baby so I knew he wouldn't be able to hear it.

Keeping her in my hold we stayed in the room for the next few hours. She needed her silence and bringing her downstairs wasn't going to help the situation.

After a while I lowly growled out when I smelled his scent. Tightly holding onto London's sleeping body I watched the door.

The whole time I wouldn't take my eyes off the door. I waited for the handle to turn, but it never did.

Gently laying London down beside me she whimpered and cuddled into the blankets. Getting off of the bed I quietly made my way out.

Going downstairs I scowled seeing him standing in the foyer.

"Look who came to say hi." He smirked.

Rolling my eyes I watched and followed him into his office.