14. Deep Water Troubles

☆°~♡~°☆

☆°~♡~°☆

Leon POV 

☆°~♡~°☆

The small little village on the docks had no one around. 

It was empty as I started up the boat then got out to go back and get (Y/N).

They were exactly where I left them, they looked a little pale but better nonetheless. 

"Come on..."

I said, scooping them up in my arms. Once we were out of the bushes I set them down again.

"Do you feel any better?" 

I asked, they put a hand to their neck. It was still red with their veins popping.

"...I think so..."

They said, as the two of us walked over to the small boat. 

I got in then helped (Y/N) sit down as I steered. 

(Y/N) stuck their hand in the water over the edge of the boat.

They smiled at the cool water, but then their happy face turned into confusion. 

"What..."

They retracted their hand and peered over the side of the boat...

Then something jumped out the water, its jaws chomping at our tiny little boat.

It missed but the force of it hitting the water sent our boat flying backwards. 

I hit the side of the boat and (Y/N) hit the floor.

I didn't notice as our anchor fell out of the boat and caught onto the monster. 

Our ship rocketed forward as (Y/N) and I both regained our footing. 

They picked up a spear with white knuckles and threw it at the monsters back, 

I could see them struggling, but after 6 years of training and missions, they were strong. 

"Leon!"

They warned as a log came straight at us, 

I steered us out of the way as the monster dove under the water causing our ship to stop moving. 

Then it burst out of the water throwing (Y/N) and I over the side of the boat. 

"Crap- arg!"

(Y/N) swam frantically for the boat with me just behind them. 

They were starting to slow down but I pushed them forward as the monster gained on us. 

They climbed into the boat and grabbed me, yanking me so I fell down beside them and the monster swam past us, pulling our ship once again.