1

-(Y/n pov)

I yawned, sipping my coffee. I looked out the window of my apartment. I sighed. Water droplets littered the glass from the shower of rain falling in the early night. It was around 6:13pm and I was drinking some nice coffee with cookies.

I watched as few people walked by with umbrellas to go to shops or work. I huffed, closing the blinds. I finished my snack and set the now empty coffee mug in the sink.

I hummed walking over to the couch. I flopped down and turned on the TV.

"-an explosion by the office building. Nobody has said anything about sighting anyone mysterious or out of the ordinary walk into the building before the explosion."

'Damn.. what kind of person has that much wrong in their head to do that...'

"Reporters say that the explosion was caused by a bomb. Until we find out who planted it- we will leave this case to the Detective Agency." It then switched over to the weather.

"Idiot's....I could have figured out if I was there." I hissed to myself.

'How about a movie..?' I thought to myself.

I stood up to go get popcorn. I looked into the pantry and sighed. Nothing. No sweets, no popcorn, nothing.

I sighed again, grabbing my umbrella that was next to the door and slid my shoes on. I opened the door for my apartment and closed it behind me, satisfied when I heard a 'click' indicating it was locked. I stuffed my keys in my pocket and walked down the stairs.

I popped open my umbrella and started off to the store. I sighed, looking up at the rain through my clear umbrella. I looked back down, walking through the soaked streets. My apartment wasn't far from the store.

I walked inside, immediately off to find snacks. I found some popcorn and a small bag of chocolates.

I also saw some microwave food and grabbed a box. I set it on the counter and shuffled through my pockets.

'Crap'

No. Why do things like this happen to me.

"1626 yen please." The cashier said.

I looked up then back down.

"I apologize ma'am. I forgot my wallet in my apartment. If you will let me leave this stuff here an-" my sentence was cut off as someone set the money on the counter from behind me.

"I'll pay for it." I heard a male voice behind me. I looked up and quickly turned.

"No- it's fine you don't have to.." i mumbled.

The boy looked down at me. His eyes were closed and some of his brown hair covered them a bit from under his hat. I looked up at him, me eyes narrow.

"Nope." He took the money from me and set it back on the registers desk.

"I'm paying for it." He grinned.

"I refuse to allow you to." I hissed.

The boy spun me around so the he was infront of the cashier. He slid the money to her, saying once again he would pay for my stuff. The lady slipped the money into the register and bagged my food.

I growled. The boy grabbed my stuff and handed it to me, his once closed eyes now open.

His eyes were a deep emerald color. He smiled, handing me the bag.

I sighed, pushing the bag away.

"Now I feel I need to pay you back.." I murmured.

"No- unless you want to give me one of you chocolates?" He said, a smirk on his face.

I hummed, taking the bag. I opened the chocolates and held it up to him. He smiled, taking the chocolate from my hand and eating it.

"Thank you ma'am- glad I could help." He softly smiled again. "My name is Edogawa Ranpo. And you are..?" He said.

"Oh- I'm Y/n, Y/n L/n!" I smiled. "Thank you for helping me..I guess.."

"Well- that's just what I do. After all- the Detective Agency is ment to help people" he said.

"D- your in the Agency?" I asked, lifting a brow.

"Yes ma'am." Ranpo said.

"So your the ones working on that explosion case?" I asked.

"I- yes. Dazai said that we are in charge of the case until further notice." Ranpo said in a matter of fact voice.

'Who the hell is Dazai..?'

"That case sounds easy.... I could figure it out in a second..." I murmured.

"Oh? Could you now?" Ranpo suddenly grabbed my arm and dragged me outside the store.

It had stopped raining and we were now running through the soon to be busy streets.

"Wait! Where are we going?!" I asked, but Ranpo kept dragging me.

Soon enough, we arrived at a building. I sighed looking up.

"Where are we? How am I gonna find my apartment!?" I whined.

"Oh hush- you're fine. Follow me. After all, you said you could solve the case..?" He smirked.

I sighed and followed him inside the building.

We walked into the building and to a door. Ranpo opened the door and led me inside.

I was shocked as I saw a blonde trying to strangle a man covered in bandages. A white haired boy was trying to stop them but wasn't helping to much.

"I'm back!" Ranpo grinned.

"Oh- welcome back Ranpo-San." The white haired boy said.

I just stood their, stuffing my hands in the pocket of my hoodie.

"Who is this?" The white haired boy asked.

"This is Y/n." Ranpo replied. "She claims she can solve that explosion case."

"Really?!" The boy chirped.

"Hm..?" The blonde male looked up from strangling the brunette with bandages.

"I'm Atsushi Nakajima!" The white haired boy said.

"Nice to meet you.." I said.

The blonde male dropped the brunette and walked over.

"So? You can help with the explosion case?" He asked, his voice surprisingly very deep.

"Yes..." I said, glaring at him.

"Good to know... I'm Kunikida Doppo. You are?"

"Y/n L/n." I said.

The brunette got up from the floor. He stood up and walked up to me. He walked up to me and smiled.

He grabbed my hand from out of my pocket.

"Hello ma'am. You look quite lovely. How would you feel about committing a double suici-" he was cut off when Kunikida grabbed the back of his collar on his shirt.

"DAZAI HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU TO STOP ASKING PEOPLE THAT?!" Kunikida started scolding him.

'Ohhhh crap- what did I get myself into..?'

_________________

To be continued

________________

I hope you like chapter 1 :) <3