Chapter 21

Wade's POV

It was dark in the room I was in, the room was pitch black and cold. Water drops dripped from the ceiling hitting me in the forehead. Was I in Kate's dreams? I ask myself as I look around the room. There was a metal table in the middle, and a tiny window at the top of the wall letting in the tiniest of light. 

There was also an old rotten mattress on the floor of the room, and sitting on top was my mate. My whole heart crumbled at the sight of her, she looked so broken. Her hazel eyes had lost their sparkle, and tried tears rested on her checks. Her eyes were so emotionless, she looked like she was asleep with her eyes open.

"Kate?" I whispered and her eyes met mine and she gasped. She stared at me in amoment in shock, "What are you doing here?" She whispered and I looked at her in shock. "In the real world you've gone into past-traumatic coma" I tell her and she shakes her head. "Leave Wade, you don't want to see what's about to happen" She whispers and I stare at her confused, I turned my head to face the door of the room as it squeaked open.

I growled the instant Mathew's smirking head looked into the room and step inside. If only this wasn't her memories I would get the chance to kill this monster. Kate's gaze stayed fixed on him the whole time as he carried a bag into the room.

I watched cautiously as he placed the bag on the table and unzipped it. Kate didn't seemed fazed at all as Mathew brought out a handful of throwing knives. "How are you today Kate?" He asks and she chuckles.

"Just peachy" She says in the harshest tone I've ever heard her use, "So you're having a good day?" He asks with a smirk and she snarls at him. He chuckles and grins "Is someone still mad at me?" He said talking to her as if she was a baby. 

She glared at him not even bothering to reply, "Don't worry love I enjoyed every second of murdering your mate" He told her and she finally started to show emotion as her eyes watered over with tears. My heart ached at how cruel just words could be, he made my mate believe I was dead. 

"You're sick" She spat out and Mathew chuckled, and all I could think about is how wrong this was. He lied to her about Aiden and I, just so that she would hate him even more and lose the meaning of life. 

 "Stand up" He ordered her and she obeyed standing up. He started throwing the knives up into the air and catching them afterwards. He faced her and grinned and I almost couldn't watch what happened next.

He threw one of the knives and it cut right into her thigh, it was stuck there and didn't move. I looked up to her face and she had no emotions on her face. "You're losing your touch Uncle" She tells him and he nods.

"Perhaps I should try something else" He tells her walking over and tearing the knife out of her thigh and walked back to the table. Blood poured out from her wound but she didn't flinch, no tears were shown and that shocked me, how is that possible!?

How the hell can she not be screaming!? Mathew dug his hands into the bag again and this time he pulled out a black hand gun. Her eyes widened in fear and I visibly gulped, he switched off the trigger and before I realized he fired. 

My heart beat pounded loudly in my chest and I couldn't tear my eyes away. The bullet hit her in the arm, tearing into her flesh. Tears brimmed in my eyes and I just was in so much shock I couldn't speak. 

I heard Kate gasp and she tried to bit down on her lip but she screamed out in pain. Mathew chuckled and nodded in approval, "So you're not immune to bullets yet" He says mainly to himself as he reloads the gun and aims at her again. 

"No!" She screams as he aims for her chest, "Please!" She begs him but he ignores her as he takes the fatal shoot to her heart. The gun goes off and she slams into the wall and slides down until she's sitting on the floor.

I'm almost in tears watching the murder of my mate, but to my relief this isn't real. So she must be alive, otherwise I would never be able to be in her dream. Mathew smiles happily and walks over to Kate's move less body and he crouches down beside her.

I watch as he presses his fingers against her neck and checks for a pulse. I can't hear any other breathing or heartbeat apart from Mathew's and my own. She can't possibly be dead, it's physically impossible.

"What a shame, I could of used you" He mutters to himself standing up and leaving the room and Kate to lie on the floor. I watched with my heart pounding rapidly in my chest, I wait for any signs of movement but there's literally no movement at all. 

I was just up to the point where I considered she was actually dead, when her eyes flashed open. I gasped and staggered back at dark they were. They were bright blood red and the only time I've ever seen them red was when she was really mad. 

To my utter shock the red eyes never go away like their supposed to, I had no idea what it meant but whatever it meant she still has those eyes today. I listened out for any signs of breathing but there's none. 

I slowly walk over to her side, but she's to involved in her memory she dosn't notice me approach. I touched her neck searching for a pulse, but there is none. No heart beat and no pulse, but she's alive somehow. 

I was so utterly confused, but suddenly her heart started beating again and she let out a sigh as her lungs started working. She seemed to snap out of the dream and turn to face me, "Kate what just happened?" I whisper and she smiles softly and caresses my check. 

"That was Mathew killing me Wade" She whispers and I shake my head confused, "But you're still alive" I tell her and she nods, "He killed part of my soul" She whispers and slowly the room turns into pixels and the rooms starts to disintegrate.

I realize I'm being rejected from her dreams so I look at her past self one more time before returning to the real world...