Chapter 1

Acacia O'Kelley couldn't wait to get home.

She could barely walk out of the front office upright after checking herself out of school that morning. She walked back down the cramped, old hallway that she just walked up. The same hallway that just moments ago was horrendously crowded with students going to their individual classes.

She started to make her way to one of the side doors that led straight to the student parking lot. As the teenager walked towards the door, she heard somebody walking behind her, but thought nothing of it. Acacia figured it was probably someone she barely knew from one of her classes or a teacher on their way to the cafeteria. Passing through the door, she turned slightly, holding it open for the person trailing behind her. And that's when she saw that it was Gareth Parker, he was tall, rather attractive -but not particularly her type, he was also one of the school's all around athletes, as well as a grade ahead of Acacia, making him a senior, and the identical twin brother to Gavin Parker. Her crush since freshman year.

"Thanks, Ace." He said, looking above her head, as if she wasn't really there. As he stated her somewhat known nickname, it briefly caught her attention. Acacia always figured he didn't know her actual name, as he never used either her nickname or her given one.

She glanced at his light blond hair that was closely cropped on the sides of his head, thinking of how different it is compared to Gavin's medium reddish brown hair that he dyed so the two could easily be differentiated.

He was wearing a blue and white gingham shirt tucked into his dark blue jeans. Something Ace had seen him in a few times before.

She managed to make some sort of noise to express a "your welcome" and nod as a reply as she turned back around and to continue her trek to the aging student parking lot.

The two branched off in different directions towards their separate cars when they reached the lot. As Ace reached her old, small, blue car she briefly wondered what he was leaving for. Quickly dismissing the thought she entered the ancient vehicle.

When she turned the ignition on, the CD player blared the music she was listening to on the way to school, catching her off guard for a moment. Turning it down a bit, just to turn it back up in a few minutes. The young girl peeled out of of parking space and out of the parking lot, not seeing a trace of Gareth.

And of course it started pouring rain as the car pulled out of the lot and into the street.

This was her first time driving in the rain, and while it was only a slight drizzle walking to the car, it was coming down harder and faster while the car was in motion. When the small town she called home was behind her, she sped up and continued to traverse the country highway that everyone had to use of they wanted to leave town.

The rain continued to pour down at a constant rate when on one of the last big curves on the road home she lost control and hydroplaned off the side of the road towards the side of a hill's drop off.

Acacia's efforts to gain traction and get back onto the road were futile. The last thing she saw was the side of the hill that the state highway was carved into.

All she could feel was a hard jerk, as if someone had shaken her roughly, as if to wake her up from a nightmare. She was extremely dizzy and lightheaded as she sat motionless in the driver's seat as she tried to make sense of what had just taken place, her sight went blurry. And blackness conquered the view of her surroundings, and then everything went dark before she could discover what just happened, or remember where she was, and who she was.

--------------------------------------------

Hey! So, this is my first story on here, so if you guys would please comment on this on things that I could improve on, that would be amazing. Thanks for reading!