Chapter 3

It's all my fault. I'm the reason this happened. Maybe if I had struck up a conversation with her. If only I knew what to say to her. She's just so quiet, nobody knows what to say to her because she's just so attractive. Plus she can be pretty intimidating with her sharp features and icy blue eyes . Why did this have to happen to her?  God, this is all my fault, he kept thinking, feeling worse by the nanosecond.

Gareth Parker turned the corner of the starch white hallway of the hospital. He had to see how she was doing, to see if she was going to be okay.

He stood frozen at her door when he reached it, debating whether to go in or not. Forgetting it, he stepped into the room. The first thing that Gareth  noticed was the bruised and battered girl lying on the bed that appeared to be in a deep sleep as if she were sleeping beauty. Even in the state she was in, one could tell how beautiful she was.

He clumsily grabbed the wooden chair near the foot of the bed and placed it next to it and her. Holding onto the back of the chair, he wearily sank onto the seat.

"I'm sorry so, so sorry. If only I-I–"

 "If only you what? Talked to me, stopped me and struck up a conversation. And I gave you more credit than that. It's not as if I was hit by a drunk driver." A voice interrupted sarcastically from behind. A voice Gareth knew all  too well. The voice of a siren. One that with a single word or even a syllable can cause men to destroy each other just to earn her attention.

He whipped his head around to see where her voice came from. Then he  saw her. And she looked just as shocked as he did.

"You can see me?" She questioned with a look of awe.

"Oh, not again. Not now." The young man muttered placing his head in his callous hands.

"Not what again? You can see me?" She demanded hastily.

"This can't be happening. How is this possible?" He whispered to himself not believing his eyes. "I have to be dreaming. This can't be real. It just can't."

"Well I assure this is real. If this were a dream I would be in Paris with Sebastian Stan right now. And it would be amazing." She finished off with her droll sense of humor that everybody loved.

"Ok, let's say you are real. What happened? Why are you like this? This is the first time anything like this has happened to my knowledge." He  contemplated out loud, mainly to himself.

She's alive. Her spirit shouldn't be separate from her body. What is happening?

"You never answered me, Gareth. How can you see me when nobody else can?" She asked interrupting his racing thoughts.

"I am clairvoyant." Gareth stated as bluntly as he could manage, trying to downplay it as much as he possibly  could.

She in turn stared at him  incredulously. "You could have at least said, 'I see dead people' or something of the sort. Man, you really  need to work on your speech skills."

"I need to go back home. It's getting dark. I'm sorry, goodbye. I'll be back to see you again." He said not really looking at her, knowing that if he  did, he wouldn't leave her. Ever.

"Please!" She stated, "You are not leaving me here! You're the only person who can see me. I'm staying with you!"

She ran after him saying this and continued spewing nonsensical babelism. That's when Gareth knew that he wouldn't be able to shake her off with a steel rod. And a part deep inside of him  liked knowing that.

              ----------------------------------
Thank you for reading. I know its a bit short but oh well! I had it longer and had more going on but I lost most of it somehow so I ended up with this. Hope you enjoyed it. Please tell me what you think!