Back to the origin

Art by Alexnegrea on Deviantart! (https://www.deviantart.com/alexnegrea/art/Overwatch-Mercy-Fanart-606250936)

____________________________________________________

"So, um," started Winston as he and Angela walked side to side in the corridors. "Your office is still there. I took the liberty to refill the supplies of the basic medicines. I hope everything is as you like. I didn't read any of the papers you may have left."

"Thanks, Winston. I appreciate that." She gave him a closed-eyed smile and the scientist smiled back.

They turned to a corner before reaching the room where the words 'Doctor Ziegler's office' were written. "I know, it's smaller than the one you had in Switzerland but..."

She cut him off before he could say anything further. "Don't worry Winston. And it's not like this place can be used anymore," she said, remembering the wreckage this place was. The scientist did not add anything and just left her after saying goodbye.

She opened the door looking around to see the office she had always known. Even the smell of medicine was still around. She sat down at her desk and put her hair in a ponytail. When she looked back in front of her, she noticed a piece of paper that did not look like any official papers. It was a hand-writing note and she recognized who it was from: Jack Morrison. She read the small note where he asked her to come as fast as she could to his office. She sighed and stood up, walking to the place asked.

Genji was outside, taking some fresh air. Even now, some are still treating him like a stranger. He did not pay attention before – neither did he at the moment – he just hated being treated like this even though he understood their reaction. He ignored the stares they gave him and tried to stay calm. Lena blinked to the cyborg's side with a smile on her lips. "Hey there!" she greeted him with her usual bright personality. "What you doin' luv?"

The cyborg turned to look at her before looking in front of him again. "Nothing much. Just thinking."

There was a small silence before Lena spoke again. "Thinkin' about Doctor Ziegler?" Genji raised an eyebrow and looked at her once again. "I know you were lookin' at her since yesterday even with that helmet of yours."

He shook his head. "I'm not thinking about her and yesterday, I was just happy to see that she decided to come back here," he sighed and sat down on the grass, leaning against the building. "I was so bad with her in the past... I don't know how I should talk to her."

The British woman sat down next to him, looking at the sky. "You know how she is. If she hates someone, she won't bother talking to them."

He had to agree with her on that. The Swiss woman wasn't the kind to mince her words and waste time with people that bothered her. He smiled as he remembered the past. "It was the good old time, uh?"

"I thought you didn't like your time back then?"

Genji paused for a minute to think. "Well, it wasn't that bad when I think about it now."

"You really did change from back then!" the British woman smiled and nudged him a bit. Genji smiled as well.

The cyborg walked back into the headquarters and wandered into the corridors. It had been a few days since he came back here but it still felt weird to him to be back. He decided to go and check on Winston to see if anything new and exciting had happened. However, something caught his eyes while he was about to turn to a corner: Jack Morrison and Angela Ziegler walking together. He hid in the shadow and listened to their conversation. He did not know why he did that, maybe out of habit? But the atmosphere around them felt weird.