A Successful Mission

After a few hours of flight, they landed back at the base. It was almost 4 a.m. by the time they arrived so most of the people were already sleeping. Jack and Ana were the ones who stayed up late to wait for them. The four of them were exhausted and they took a nap while they made their way back. Once they landed, the pilot woke everyone up and they all stood up, half-asleep, and they climbed down the ship. The two elders waited patiently for all of them to get out of the plane before asking anything. Angela was the last one to climb down. She was still holding onto Moira's paperwork which intrigued Jack so he could not help himself but ask what they found. Angela faced him with a clear frown on her face and handed him the papers without a word. Ana congratulated everyone for their hard work and they all thanked them except for the doctor who just headed inside the base. They all stared at her, a bit surprised, but no one tried to stop her.

After they talked briefly about what happened, they all dismissed and went to their respective room but not Genji, he was too worried about his friend. He decided to look for her. He knocked on her room's door and waited for her to answer. As she did not answer, he knocked a second time, and then he heard her mumble something before opening the door. When she opened it, she was already dressed in her pajamas. Genji looked at her for a minute and noticed how cute and sexy at the time she was in this outfit. She wore a plain white shirt that was too large for her and some blue shorts that were quite short in fact. It was the first time in a very long time that he saw her in anything else but her armor or medicine clothes and he could not help but stare. She looked so vulnerable in this compared to her usual outfits. She had a cup of hot chocolate in her right hand while she was holding the door knot with the other. They stood like this for quite a long time as Genji's blush grew wider and wider as time went on.  He was so relieved that he wore his mask right at this moment. At some point, Angela cleared her throat loudly as the ninja was still not hearing her call his name. He came back to his thought as he realized she called him a million times already.

"Y-yes Angela?" he asked, a bit panicked. He was afraid she noticed he was staring at her. "Do you need anything?"

"Well, I should be asking that," she said. "Do you need anything?"

"O-oh," he cleared his throat and composed himself. "Yes, I was worried as you looked very upset when we landed. Is everything alright?"

She went silent and looked at the ground for a second. "Do you want to talk a minute then?" She gestured for him to enter as she moved out of the way. He nodded and made his way inside her room. He never went to her room in Gibraltar. He was often in her room when he was visiting her in Switzerland but he rarely came here. "It's not that big but you can go sit at the counter over there if you want."

He turned to look at the small kitchen. "So you have your own kitchen here?"

"Well, I don't really use it but they made me one as I barely ever went to the cafeteria as I was so focus in my work. But when I was here I usually used it to make coffee or chocolate. Do you want one?"

Genji smiled and nodded. Angela walked back in the kitchen and Genji followed her to sit at the counter. He took off his mask and made himself comfortable. He looked around the small studio while he waited. It was very simple, he noticed some flowers here and there and some movies next to the television. It was very like her, he thought. Suddenly, he felt some warm air next to his face and looked down to see the cup of hot chocolate. "Thank, Doctor Ziegler."

"Look with this name. How many times do I need to tell you this?" It made Genji chuckled as he took the cup and brought it to his mouth.

"It tastes really good. You're very talented in everything you make, Doctor Ziegler."