short ish chapter but at least its something

after a few years of settling, they had become more like a family and got into their own routine together. the two men had noticed that ,slowly but surely, harry had got more used to being a proper family

however that is until the full moon comes and this was the part they were dreading the most

'i don't know what we can do' sirius whispered harshly to remus frustrated with the situation.
'i told you i can take this one on my own harry can't be left alone not when we have made so much progress. i fear we'll just move backward again.' remus replied to his partner looking sternly into his eyes.

on the outside, remus had made up his mind and sirius wasn't going to convince him otherwise. but on the inside, and he hated himself for it, he was scared and didn't want to face a full moon alone again.
'moony you remember the time's we weren't there! you suffered. i'm sure harry will be fine i'll just come with you' he replied
'no sirius! you and i both know this is for the best. harry needs you. i've done plenty on my own before'
the animagus looked up, attempting to fight once again but he knew that once remus had made up his mind, it was the right thing to do.

hearing a noise interrupting them,  they both turned around to see harry sitting in the corner of the room with his head bowed.
'prongslet? you okay sweetie?' sirius asked him, suddenly hoping he didn't hear the exchange between them.
his eyes looked up to them - familiar eyes that screamed of their past and everything that was painful- doey and sad.

'hunny what's wrong? ' remus tried
'i'm sorry' harry cried

aware that he was distraught , the two lovers sat next to their adopted son asking what he was sorry for.
'you were fighting , it's about me wasn't it. whatever i did im sorry '
sirius spoke up, his heart breaking for the damaged boy ' no no harry love, it's not your fault. remus just has to go away to his dads for a few days that's all. i promise it's not your fault and that he will be back soon.

'i knew you'd get sick of me' harry sobbed.

with tears in his eyes the werewolf said ' harry i love you and this breaks my heart but i have to go see my dad for a few days okay? he's just sick and i need to see him but pads will be here to look after you. i promise we are not sick of you .'
harry pulled in for a hug and whispered  okay.

remus and sirius joined hands and although they knew this was going to be tough, they knew it would be okay.

hiiii!!!! i'm so sorry it's been a while but i thought i'd update since we're in quarentine. i hope everyone stays safe during this time and stays at home when possible. hope you enjoy the chapter and  once again sorry for the delay lol
scarlett x x x