Chapter 1

IF YOU SEE THIS BOOK OR ANY OF MY BOOKS ON NOVEL HD, OR ANY OTHER SITE THAT IS NOT WATTPAD, THEN IT IS STOLEN AND I DID NOT GIVE THEM CONSENT TO POST IT. GO TO WATTPAD WHERE IT IS ORIGINALLY POSTED AND READ IT THERE. THESE HOES ARE STEALING PEOPLE'S READS AND MAKING MONEY OFF OF THEM.

  "So, Jasmin, I wanted to sit down and talk to you about something."  My mama says.  "Uh, okay?"  I say in a hesitant tone, wondering what the fuck is going on.

"You know Joan Chi and I have been together for awhile now, and.....we wanna get married.  What do you think?"

"Absolutely not!"  I say angrily, immediately standing up with my fists at my sides.  "But why not?"

I storm away up the stairs and into my room.  My mama has been dating this Vietnamese woman named Joan Chi, and she supposedly has a daughter that I've never seen.  I am the only child, and I like it that way!  I'll be damned if I let her get married and take that away.

A/N

This is Jasmin.

This is Joan Chi

This is Joan Chi.

.....

Diana's POV

"How did she take it?"  Joan Chi asks me.  I sigh.  "She didn't take it well.  She absolutely does not approve of us getting married."

"If she doesn't approve of us getting married, imagine how she'll react once we want to move in together.  Do you know why, though?"  "No.  She stormed away before she could tell me why."  "I'll talk to her for you."

"You'd do that for me?"  I say, looking up into her eyes.  "Of course, Babe.  I'm here for you, and I always will be.  Don't worry about Jasmin.  She just needs to calm down."

"You're the best, Joan Chi.  You're the reason I'm so happy all the time."  I cup her face in my hands and kiss her passionately.

Jasmin's POV

A knock sounds at my door.  "Go away!"  Joan Chi walks in anyway and closes the door.  She sits down next to me on the bed, looking at me.

"Do you not understand what "Go away" means?  And what was the point of you knocking if you were just gonna come in anyway?"  I say, my brows contorted into a frown.

Joan puts her hand on my thigh as she speaks.  "Sweetie-”  "Don't call me that."  "Jasmin, I know you're upset, but can you please tell me why you don't approve of our marriage?"  She says in a very gentle tone.

"Look, it's nothing against you.  You're really sweet and I don't dislike you, but I am the ONLY child, and I don't want someone else's offspring.  IN.  THIS.  HOUSE."

"Ok, but what if she would've had a baby?  Would you still react this way?"  "YES!  I am the ONLY child my mom needs."

"You know what else she needs?"  "What?"  "Happiness."  "Are you saying that she's not happy here with me?"

"No, no, I'm not saying that at all.  I'm just saying that I make your mom happy in a more romantic and intimate way.  Now don't you want her to be happy?  Do you want her to be miserable and not have her other half in her life?"

"Well, of course I want her to be happy, but why can't y'all just be happy and unmarried?"

"Because marrying me will make her happy, and for me, it'll do the same."  "But why, though?  All marriage is is a ceremony and a piece of paper."

"Because it makes it more official, and makes more possibility of having a family."

"I DON'T want an extended family.  I like my family just how it is, just me and her, and you on the sidelines."

"Look, I know it's been hard for you since your second mom died, but you have to let your mom be happy and do what her heart feels.  We've been together for two years, and we're madly in love.  We think it's time to take it to the next step, and we want you to be apart of it.  Do you want your mom to be lonely forever?"

I sigh.  "Look, Joan, I'll think about it, but for right now, can you just get out of my room please?"  "Of course, Sweetie.  Take your time."

She gives me a non-reciprocated hug and leaves.