14

Jeno stood up as soon as the basement door opened. Jaemin rose next to him and quickly jumped out of the dark space onto the stairs behind Chenle.

"We couldn't open the door. I'm glad you're here"

When the younger did not move Jeno decided to push past him into the stairs. However, as he walked, eerie piano music started to echo trough the staircase.

Jeno slowly turned around and tensed at the first expression Chenle had finally worn since he saw him.

The younger was standing at the bottom of the stairs. A sick smile on his lips which revealed thousands of needle like teeth. Blood started to slowly trickle down the corners of his mouth, onto his chin, into his shirt. His eyes were white, all emotion sucked out of them.

Jeno didn't hesitate to plant his left foot into the male's chest and watch him tumble into the darkness before slamming the door shut and running up the stairs as fast as he could with Jaemin hot on his heels.

"Where are the others?!"

"Sanctuary!" Jeno yelled while he felt the piano music slowly catch up to them. If it reached the sanctuary they would be done, finito if you will.

As soon as he saw the hunched over figures of his friends he ran ever faster.

"Didn't Chenle go down to get you?" Mark asked.

"Oh something went down to get us but it sure wasn't Chenle" Jaemin replies while trying to catch his breath.

"We need to get the fuck out of here" Jeno told Donghyuck who was still busy reviving his best friend.

Jeno picked Renjun up and waited for his friends to all be on their feet before he started sprinting towards the door they entered trough.

"Different door!" Which Jisung Jelles quickly made him change directions.

When their exit was in his eyesight a loud demonic screech was heard behind them, and hearing a yelled what the fuck?! Probably ment Donghyuk looked back at their dear friend.

When Jeno finally tumbled outside he immediately fell to his knees, his friends soon following after him.

Jeno heard the slow footsteps and the eerie piano music and looked back.

In the opening of the door stood Chenle. He simply looked at them.

"Do you think he can leave the church?" Donghyuck asked to which Jisung and Mark simply shook their head.

After awhile the person slammed the door shut, which was followed by Renjun immediately sucking in a deep breath.

Donghyuck quickly scurried to his side while hot tears were streaming down his face and an occasional mumble of I thought you were death left his mouth.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Mark questioned the which the Chinese male shook his shoulders.

"I don't know, I saw this man and he asked me something and I answered and than I suddenly couldn't breath"

"Because you can't talk to them. Maybe Chenle made the same mistake" Jaemin answered.

All of them sat there quietly for awhile before Jisung spoke up.

"We need to get him back"

"We can't go back. Rules" Jaemin replied.

"Should we call the police?" Jeno asked to which Renjun immediately shook his head.

"If he's suddenly death or something we'll get blamed for it. They won't believe our ghost stories"

"Let's just ask Lucas what to do. He'll know more about this" Jisung stated while fighting back tears that were pooling in his eyes.

Everyone nodded before getting up and dusting off their clothes.

Jeno looked up at the sun. It was around 4 in the morning and birds were chirping away.

Everything almost seemed normal.