*Chapter Four* {There Goes the Neighborhood}

⚜

"So, how many women have you had since me?" Viktoria asks curiously. They were on their way back to the house after having lunch in town. Neither of them needed human food but Viktoria still enjoyed eating. She loved how the culinary arts have changed over the years.

"This feels like a trap" Damon says seriously. She smiles at him, her hand dangling out the window. She loves the feeling of the wind as they drove down the road.

"It's not, I'm curious" She tells him.

"I didn't exactly keep score" He tells her. He looks away from the road and towards her. "It didn't matter who I was with, all I thought about was you" He says grabbing her hand. He lifts it to his lips and kisses her knuckles lightly.

"Charming" She grins at him. He gives her hand a squeeze before looking back to the road. "We haven't talk about what happened while I was in that tomb" She tells him softly.

"I didn't think we were going too" He tells her with a shrug. "It's not that entertaining"

"I want to know, you're my husband, I feel like I should know about your life." Viktoria tells him.

"I remember telling you something similar after getting married" Damon reminds her. Viktoria sighs looking away from him.

"That's different" She says quietly.

"How?" Damon asks. "You want to know about me, fine, I'll tell you everything you want to know. I just don't know why I have to tell you about my past when you refuse to tell me about yours" He said a little snippy. Viktoria feels her anger bubble in her chest at his tone but she pushes it down. She takes a calming breath before looking back toward him.

"You deserve to know the truth about me, about my past but that kind of knowledge can put you in danger" She tells him gently. He glances at her. "I've been alive for over a thousand years, Damon" His eyes widened slightly. He knew she was an old vampire but he didn't know she was that old. "That is a long time to make enemies"

"Tell me one thing" He says looking at her. "One thing I don't know that won't put me in danger" He bargains. She smiles slightly.

"You're not my first husband" She says. His head snaps towards her.

"That's what you come up with?" He asks and she smiles at him softly. "How many husbands have you had exactly?" He asks hesitantly.

"You're my third" She tells him. "There are plenty of humans who have had more husbands than I within their life time, so I think I've done pretty well in that department" She says pulling his free hand into her lap.

"What were their names?" He asks. She smiles softly as she thinks about them.

"Gabriel was my first" She tells him. "We were married when I was human. My parents greatly disapproved and forced us apart but we were too in love, too stubborn to stay away. We married in secret. When my parents inevitably found out they disowned me"