*Chapter Seven* {Under Control}

"Stefan's still being a pain in the ass" Damon grumbles reentering his room where Viktoria is finishing getting ready for the day

"When was the last time he had human blood?" Viktoria asks glancing at him through the mirror she's sitting in front of.

"A very long time" Damon says walking to his desk where he pulls out a bottle of bourbon.

"And he's a ripper?" Viktoria questions. Damon nods silently. "I'd keep a close eye on him" She warns. "Blood lust is something even the oldest vampires struggle with" She tells him.

"Do you?" Damon asks glancing at her.

"I don't normally fight it" She tells him with a shrug. "If I want to kill someone, I will" She grins maliciously through the mirror.

"Oh, I know" Damon smirks. "I wasn't expecting you to kill Pearl" He comments. "It's been a while since I've seen you that vicious"

"I gave Pearl and Anna a fair warning," Viktoria says defensively. "Anna should consider herself lucky she's alive"

"Do you think killing her was the right thing to do?" Damon asks. Viktoria turns to him and stands. Damon glances at her and continues. "All I'm saying is that Pearl would have better luck controlling the vampires than Anna, and the two of them together would have been better"

"Damon, I gave them a warning which is more than I give most people." Viktoria tells him. "They know who I am, they know better than to cross me. I killed Pearl because Anna is easier to control. If I killed Anna instead, Pearl would have fled and I would have been forced to kill the tomb vampires. I could kill them all without breaking a sweat but that's just a waste."

"So, they get to know who you are but I don't?" Damon asks. Viktoria sighs wishing he would just let this go but knowing him he wouldn't.

"They're expendable, love" Viktoria says walking up to him. "I have no problem killing them if I need or even want too." She shrugs stopping in front of him. She grabs his drink and sets it down before grabbing his hands. "Damon, my brother killed my last husband because I was giving Akiki more attention than him. If my own brother is willing to kill someone I love for his own selfish needs what do you think my enemies would do to you? If my family finds out, what would they do?"

"You being with me right now is putting me in danger, right?" Damon shrugs. "I'd rather know what I'm getting into than being ignorant"

"Trust me, ignorance is bliss" She whispers kissing his lips lightly.

"What's the worst thing you've ever done?" He asks quietly. Victoria holds his gaze for a few moments before stepping away. Memories swarm her mind of all the terrible acts and sins she's committed.

"There's so much" She whispers. "I've destroyed so many families out of mere jealousy. Took the lives of children, infants. I've torn loved ones apart. I'm no hero, Damon"