*Chapter Six* {L.t.R.O.i}

⚜

"Teacher by day, vampire hunter by night" Damon says watching Alaric pull out multiple vampire killing weapons.

"I've you to thank for you" Alaric told him not bothering to hide his annoyance. Damon smirks but doesn't comment.

Instead, Damon glances at his wife who's standing by the window with her arms crossed. She ventured over there not too long ago and has been silent ever since. To Alaric and Elena she probably looked bored, calm but Damon knew better.

He could see the tenseness in her posture. He noticed the tight grip her hand has around her bicep, the tension in her jaw. She swayed and when she wasn't swaying she would pace a few steps. To Damon, these were red flags that his wife isn't as calm as one would think.

His smirk falters slightly at this realization. He knew he had a part to play in her anger and he felt slightly guilty for that. He didn't like Viktoria being annoyed with him, even though he isn't the only source to her anger, only a small part.

He knows her anger has been rising unsteadily ever since the whole tomb vampires became a problem, since Pearl and Anna, and now with Stefan being taken. He knows Viktoria is protective of Stefan, she sees him as a brother and that means something to her. Damon may not know everything about the love of his life but he does know how important family is to her and what would happen should one endanger that family.

"What are these?" Elena asks regaining Damon's attention. He looks over to what caught the teenage girls attention.

"Those are tranquilizer darts filled with vervain" Alaric explained to her. This little tidbit of information drew Viktoria's attention. Viktoria's dealt with hunters her entire vampiric life but she wondered how they've evolved since she last crossed paths with one.

"Just get me in, I'll get Stefan out" Damon told him sneaking a glance at his wife who returned to them. She over looks Alaric's weapons and nods in approval. The weapons certainly have upgraded over the years.

"Us" Viktoria corrects looking at Alaric. "Get us in" Her gaze turns to Damon. "You're lucky I'm not sending you home" She tells him. He gives her a sheepish grin and wraps an arm around her shoulders. He pulls her into his side and kisses her head, a silent apology. She grabs a section of his side and twists it painfully. He yelps and moves away from her. She smirks and gives him a wink. He rolls his eyes but grins as he rubs the stinging sensation away knowing that he was forgiven.

"That's your plan?" Elena asks skeptically. "You're just gonna take them all on yourselves?"

"Well, we'll be a little stealthier than that, hopefully" Damon says sarcastically.

"I appreciate the concern, love" Viktoria says smiling at Elena as if she was a small, 5-year-old girl. Elena narrows her eyes slightly at Viktoria's condescending tone. "But we can handle a few armature vampires"