Blazing Sun

Camila's POV

I'm laying down upside down while Lauren is on her phone on the other couch. "Yo Lo!" I call out.

Lauren looks up and smiles at me. "What's up?" She asks.

"Do you want to go to the beach? I'm fucking bored," I said.

"Sure with who or is just us two?" Lauren playfully winks at me.

I laugh and sit upright, "I was thinking of inviting Dinah, Ally, Normani, Colson, Troy, and Liam."

Lauren thinks about it for a little while than smiles. "Okay I'm down," She says.

"Hell yeah!" I celebrate and stand up.

Once at the beach, Lauren opens the trunk and I get out, taking out our bags. I hand Lauren her bag and she smiles.

"Thank you," Lauren says and closes the trunk.

We walk to the beach and I spot a familiar blond-haired girl. "That's them over there," I said and Lauren follows me.

We approach them and Colson calls out to me. "Hey, baby!" He says and stands up.

I hug him and plant a kiss on his cheek, "Hi Colson." The others greet each other and I sit next to Colson.

"Hey, who wants to go to the water?" Dinah invites.

Everyone agrees but me and Lauren. "You don't want to go?" Lauren asks me, putting sunscreen on.

"I need sunscreen," I joke. "You can go on ahead," I said to the others and they leave.

Lauren chuckles, "Want me to help you?"

"Sure," I smile and lay face down. I unclasp my bra and Lauren gets on top of me. In an instant, I feel the cold sunscreen being spread around my back.

I shiver but Lauren's warm hands spark a small warm feeling in my body. Once she's done, she clasps my bra back and gets off me.

"Camila!" Dinah calls out.

"Yeah?!" I call back out.

She comes running over my direction and smiles at Lauren. "Can we go get some snacks?" She asks.

"Sure," I said standing up slowly, making sure Lauren is watching.

We walk to the little shop on the beach that sells all sorts of things and Dinah shoves me playfully.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I saw you and Lauren you can't deny there's something between you two," Dinah laughs.

Camila shakes her head and smiles, "There's nothing going on although I wish."

"Wait what?!" Dinah says shocked. "Don't tell me you like your best friend!"

Camila covers Dinah's mouth and let's go when she licks it. "Ew, but maybe I do but you know why we can't be together," Camila points a finger at the taller girl.

"Maybe but you guys will be so hot together," Dinah says.

"Don't come out with ships. We could never be together," Camila says and opens the door to the shop.

-

Lauren’s POV

When Dinah and Camila left to go get snacks, it was only me left, while everyone else was in the water, laughing and having fun. I was in no mood to go down to the water as of yet, so I just lied down on my beach towel and tanned, even though it wasn’t the best thing for me to do since I burn easily. Right now all I wanted to do was relax and enjoy myself. I could deal with the consequences of the Miami sun later.

As I lay there tanning, I didn’t notice Normani coming up to me, with water dripping down her toned body, so when she said my name, I jumped a little. Opening my eyes I look up at her.

“Hey, Lauser. What’s up?” She joked, grabbing her towel and drying herself off a bit before sitting down next to me.

I chuckled softly, sitting up and leaning on my elbows, “Honestly nothing new. Soccer and basketball practice are being a bitch, but it’ll all be worth it in the end. You know what it’s like.”

The older girl chuckled softly, nodding her head. “How are you and Camilaaa?” Normani wiggled her eyebrows with a slight smirk on her face, and I shook my head, smiling softly.

“What about us?” I asked, “We’re great. We’re training. I don’t know what you want to hear from me, Mani.”

She shook her head, “Don’t act like you don’t have a thing for her.”

I looked at her with a shocked and confused expression. “Me having a thing for Camila? That’s crazy, Mani. You know damn well that we’re just best friends and nothing more, except occasional fuck buddies, but that’s it. That’s all it’ll ever be.”

“You know damn well that’s a lie. Come on Lo, you’re not fooling no one. It's clear that you like her, or have some sort of thing for her. Don’t deny it. I see the way you two interact. I see the heart eyes you give her. Why are you lying to yourself?”

Damn, she got me there. I didn’t think she’d see it. I didn’t think it was that obvious that I had some feelings for Camila.

Camila and I have a long story. We’ve come a long way for the years that we’ve been friends for. We know each other inside and out pretty much, but as much as one of us would like the other, it would never happen. It's just an impossible thing. We wouldn’t do good in a relationship. It wasn’t for either of us. We liked to fuck around, and that was all.

“Hey hey, fuckers. What’s up?” Camila called out as she and Dinah came back from the shop with a shit ton of snacks.

“Holy shit, y’all stacked up on snacks,” I joked, helping Camila set down everything she was holding.

“You know what it’s like. Gotta stack up if you really wanna have fun,” Dinah winked, pulling out a bottle of Hennessy. “But, if you don’t wanna drink, that’s fine too. I know you two can’t exactly do that.” She added, looking at me and Camz.

“Maybe, but at least I brought my vape, so while you guys can drink, Lo and I can smoke and not worry about anything else, right Laur?” The younger Cuban asked me.

I gave her a small smile and a nod. “Yes, of course. Drinking is only for parties, not for beach days, but you do whatever you want, DJ. No one’s stopping you,” I gave her a small smile.

“Whatever you say, Lauser,” The tall Polynesian said before calling Ally, Liam, Colson, and Troy over.

The four of them quickly joined us and we all got down to doing whatever the fuck we were doing, laughing and enjoying ourselves. It was a chill day at the beach for us, and while there were some parts that made me a little upset, I was glad that at least I had great friends like these in my life, and that they would be there for me whenever I needed, just like I’d be there for them whenever they needed.