Chapter 3

The fire was burnt out and was just a little glow in the wood. The sun managed to get its light into the cave during sunrise, which woke up Nil. He looks around a little and rubs his eyes.

He then turns his attention to Tangle, who was still fast asleep. Perhaps they should get a move on.

Nil goes over to Tangle and nudges her, "Oi, get up,"

She whines and sits up, "Morning already?" she yawns.

"Yeah, let's get moving,"

Tangle stands up and stretches a little before picking up the small bag with their remaining bread. And so they're off again. Barricade Town should be close by.

Soon, they come across a large wall. Guess they're here.

"Huh, this is strange...how do we get in??" Tangle tilts her head, looking up at the wall.

Nil thinks for a moment, "Something's wrong. I know they only close off the town if there's trouble, but I don't see or hear anything that could be of trouble,"

"Maybe they want to isolate themselves from everyone else?" she asks.

He nods, "If there was a change in laws, perhaps,"

Tangle sighs and puts her hands on her hips. She hums.

"You know...I could slingshot us over the wall, but we're gonna need two stands firmly on the ground,"

Nil looks around. There were trees, but they were too far from the walls so they'd probably just end up hitting the ground.

He gets an idea as he spots an open window, "How far can you stretch your tail?"

"Huh? Um..." she thinks, "Hopefully it's long enough for whatever plan you've got,"

"You see that window?" he points to it.

Tangle turns around, "Ohh!"

"I'll throw you up there and you can, possibly, use your tail to "bungee jump" back down here to help me up,"

"Sounds like a plan!" she smiles, "Okay, throw me!"

Nil grabs her by her bodysuit and she curls up in a ball so it could be easier for him. He throws Tangle up to the window. She couldn't grab the window with her hands but her tail was able to do just that. She pulls herself up a little and gives Nil a thumbs up.

Nil walks up to the part of the wall directly under the window, and Tangle jumps down with her tail still hanging onto the window.

"Hi!" she greets with a smile.

"Hey,"

Tangle grabs Nil's hands before they were brought back up to the window. She lets him in first then she rolls in, but she tumbles down, "Ouch!"

Nil looks at her.

"I'm okay!" she chimes, standing up, "Okay, so what's next?"

"Walk around, see what's up, and hope we find something good,"

"Alrighty!"

Suddenly, a brown Mobian dog walks in and gasps upon seeing them, "How did you guys get in here?!" he quickly closes the door.

"We jumped in through the window," Tangle says.

"You guys shouldn't be here! We're not allowed to let anybody in!"

Nil's ear twitches, "Says who?"

"I can't tell you,"

Tangle leans to Nil and whispers, "Sounds a little suspicious if you ask me,"