Chapter 1

On the roof top of a twelve-story building, a beautiful woman was standing on the edge of the fence shivering from the cold gust of wind. In such situation, a person would be scared. However, the pale-faced woman was void of any traces of fear as if she was standing on the flat ground.

Standing in front of the woman was a middle-aged couple and a young man. If you will look closely, you would notice that their faces bear resemblance to one another.

"Qingyan, we don't really want to do this." Guiltily, the middle-aged woman looked at the beautiful woman. However she looked determined as the other two. "As long as you are willing to give up your grandfather's 'Medical Classic Book', then we are still considered a family."

"Rong Qingyan, you don't need to be stubborn." The middle-aged man said. His face lacked any remorse as he continued, "You are a girl, so the family has no future in you. The 'Medical Classic Book' is the family's treasure and should be inherited by Rong Jie."

Rong Jie, the young man, kept quiet, but his eyes were full of disdain as he stared at the beautiful woman.

Rong Qingyan smiled ironically, "Family? I didn't know that the so called family will force their loved ones to die. Today is really an eye opener for me!"

Yes, the three people that were standing opposite her was her so-called family. Thinking about the word family, Rong Qingyan found it laughable.

She and her family's relationship had always been aloof. But she suddenly received a call from her mother asking her to come home for a family dinner. Thinking her so-called family is finally trying to reach-out to her, she went home happily. However, to her dismay, everything was just a trap. All they wanted was the 'Medical Classic Book' that her grandfather left behind. Unfortunately, the book wasn't in her possession.

"We didn't mean to hurt you," The middle-aged woman said. "We just want the 'Medical Classic Book'."

"Well, we don't need to reply to her nonsense." Rong Jie, Rong Qingyan's younger brother, impatiently said. "Rong Qingyan, if you don't give me the 'Medical Classic Book' today, then don't blame me for killing you."

Thinking about his deceased grandfather, Rong Jie's heart was full of resentment. He is the eldest son of the Rong Family but the old man didn't even looked at him. For only Rong Qingyan was the only grandchild in the old man's eyes. After that, Rong Qingyan became a world-renowned physician because the old man passed the 'Medical Classic Book' to her.

"There is no 'Medical Classic Book'." Rong Qingyan said coldly. "Whether you believe me or not the 'Medical Classic Book' has long been lost. Even grandfather have not seen it."

She told the truth, whether they believe her or not is up to them. She learned her medical skill from her grandfather and not from the so-called 'Medical Classic Book'.

"Rong Qingyan, you better admit it now." Rong Jie's bloodshot eyes were full of hatred. He took out a pistol and pointed it at Rong Qingyan. "If you don't give it to me then you no longer need to live."

"Jie, what are you doing?" The middle-aged woman got scared at the sight of the gun. "We only need to get the 'Medical Classic Book'. Qingyan is still your elder sister."

"Mom, don't stop me." Rong Jie didn't even looked at his mother.

The middle-aged woman wanted to refute his son, but the middle-aged man stopped her. "Let him solve this matter!"

Obviously, the middle-aged man agreed with his son's action. As for the middle-aged woman, she didn't speak anything anymore.

Looking at her so-called family, Rong Qingyan's eyes flashed a trace of sadness. "I didn't expect that my life will just end like this. If it was in a normal situation, I could easily escape. But now that I'm drugged and lacked strength, escaping isn't possible. It seems that today is really my last."