Chapter 4

After she closed the door, Bai Ze suddenly appeared.

"Master, those people are too shameless!" Bai Ze said angrily. "How dare they do this to you! You should have let me come out to teach them a good lesson!"

Although Bai Ze had been staying inside the space, he had heard everything that happened inside the ancestral hall. He tried coming out several times, but Murong Qingyan always stopped him.

"Well, there's no need to get angry." Murong Qingyan was more concerned about other things, so she asked, "However Bai Ze, do you think you can beat Murong Xiong and Nangong Tingli?"

"Of course I can." Bai Ze tilted his head and looked at her proudly. "Those two are only ants. With only a flick of my fingers, they'll get crushed immediately."

Looking at Bai Ze, Murong Qingyan knew that he was telling the truth. "Murong Xiong and Nangong Ye weren't weaklings, but in Bai Ze's eyes, they're only dust. Hence, Bai Ze's strength is definitely not simple."

Murong Qingyan was frustrated. "It seems that I'm still too weak. I really needed to raise my cultivation."

"Well, there's no need to get angry. Also, Nangong Ye isn't worthy of your presence!" Murong Qingyan calmly said to appease Bai Ze's anger.

"Master, although what you had said made sense, but I hate the cocky look on Nangong Ye's face," Bai Ze propped up his head and proudly said, "Who does he thinks he is? He even dares to break off his engagement with you. He truly doesn't deserve you, Master!"

"I don't want to marry him anyway." Murong Qingyan's eyes were cold. "Don't worry, I will prove to everyone that I, Murong Qingyan doesn't deserve someone like him."

"Master, are you saying that you already have an idea?" Bai Ze's eyes lit up. "Tell me! Quickly tell me!"

After a while, Murong Qingyan nodded her head and slowly said, "The Clan's general assembly will be held soon. The four influential clan will participate in that tournament. Although Nangong Ye had already got accepted in Xuanwu Academy, he will not let this chance to show off his skills pass."

"Master, you want to beat him in the clan's general assembly?" Bai Ze asked. "Master, I'm sure you can do it!"

Murong Qingyan didn't say anything, but the self-confidence oozing out of her body was enough to explain everything.

"I must win in this Clan's general assembly." Murong Qingyan's calm eyes flashed a glimmer of light, "If I win, I can leave the Murong Clan."

Murong Qingyan didn't have any feelings for the Murong Clan. To her, only the warmth of her parents existed in her memory. Since they weren't in the Murong Clan, she didn't have any reason to stay. Thinking about her parents, Murong Qingyan was filled with doubt. In her predecessor's enemy, Murong Xizhao and Lin Ruoshui's relationships were good. If that was the case, why did Murong Qingxue exist?

"Master, what'sbothering you?" Seeing that Murong Qingyan suddenly stopped speaking, Bai Ze worriedly asked. "Master, are you worried about the clan's general assembly?"

"After all, Nangong Ye was already at the mid stage of Core Period and my master just reached the Foundation Establishment. There is a big difference in their cultivation. It will be very difficult if his master wanted to defeat Nangong Ye." He thought.

"No." Murong Qingyan shook her head. "I know that beating him isn't an easy feat. Fortunately, there is still a month away before the clan's general assembly. During this month, I must work hard to improve my abilities."