Chapter 1: The Beginning

About the characters:
Jasmine's your average 13 year old. She has medium length brown hair and loves to wear oversized hoodies. Her favourite colour is yellow.
Jamie and Aidan are jasmines older twin brothers. They're 16 and have blonde like the rest of the family. They always wear matching clothes. They look like an exact copy of mom and dad. Unlike Jasmine.
Natalie is your middle-aged Mom. She has some wrinkles and loves the family car more than anything. She works nightshift as the nurse. She sometimes takes too much control over everyone.
Michael is Jasmine and Jamie and Aidan's dad. He is a very chill dad who loves watching American football. He works at a construction site for a living. He used to be in the army.

*this is upstairs in Jasmines room*
Dear diary,
I am so excited for the new idea that the government came up with. You don't know what is happening? Ok let me tell you. So basically the WHOLE WORLD will be separated into two groups. Demons( mean people) and angels( nice people). Once you are given one of them there's no change. A family will ALWAYS be in the same group. I can't wait to see if I am a demon or an angel. I probably am a demon since I always fight with my siblings although they start it. For some reason my mom seems kinda sketchy over this. Idk tho. Oh well
See u l8r at 12 when I find out if I'm a demon or an angel. Bye
Jasmine "

I closed my diary and placed it under my bed. I then proceed to head downstairs in a happy mood. At that moment I thought to myself, "nothing could possibly go wrong". But ohh was I wrong.

Downstairs in the kitchen was my mom cooking dinner, my dad and my 2 brothers Jamie and Aidan playing a game of UNO.
"Are you all excited?" My dad asked in a joyful tone of voice while holding his deck of cards. "HELL YA!" My brothers shouted. "But not with Jasmine". "Why are they always so mean to me?" I thought to myself.
As soon as I sat down at the table to watch them play, my mom brought the food to the table. Hmmm YUMMY. It was the families favourite, homemade fries, burgers with a drink and for dessert.......... BROWNIES AND VANILLA ICE-CREAM!!!! Nothing can beat that for sure. We munched on our meal while watching 'Stranger Things' season 1. Mom kept stroking Fluffy, she is the family's cat which she only does when she's anxious.

By the time we were done eating our food and watching season 1, it was 11:52. Mom forced everyone to sit in a circle at the dining table. We all were jumping in our seats from excitement, all except mom. In fact she was starting to sweat. I was worried for her so I asked her if everything was ok which she replied with " i-it's n-nothing I-I'm f-fine". I was kinda confused by this answer but ignored it. 29, 28, 27, 26, 25, 24. The time was ticking. Only seconds left to find out if we are demons or angels. Mom said that everyone should cover their cheek where the sign would appear and we will all show one by one. 3, 2, 1!!! IT WAS TIME. There was a tingling sensation on my cheek. I couldn't believe that this was really happening to me. It didn't feel real. But it was.
We all removed our hand from our faces and.......
OH. MY. GOSH. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Before you go: I just want to say thank you for reading this chapter I really appreciate it. You can show some love by voting on this and you can comment your suggestions and what you would like me to change.
Thank you so much for reading this.
From Martha.😊😘