Part 40

They all got back into the car and started to drive back towards the mall.

"Steve they're in that car!" Ariel shouts as they drive seeing a speeding car aiming for the one Jonathan was trying to start.

"Hold on!" Steve sped up and rammed into the im coming car knocking it away.

"It's Billy" Ariel looked at the car.

"Get in!" Nancy shouts from the now running car and all three of them got into the back. As they were driving away the radio went off.

"It's Suzie" all three of them say.

"Is he singing never ending story?" Ariel grabbed the radio. Melting a little bit at his brother and his girlfriend. Everyone watched Ariels smile.

"What? It's cute" she defended.

                 ••••••••••••••••••••

Billy lay El down on the floor as the mind flayer came down and opened its mouth. It was about to come out and touch El when Ariel jumped in with a big knife and chopped it off.

"Now!" She shouts and everyone starts to throw fireworks at it.

"El" she made her way to El but is thrown into a pole.

"Ariel!" Steve shouts and El tried to crawl to get to her before Billy pulled her back and was on top of her.

"El" Ariel tried to scream but it came out as a whisper.

"Billy" she added

El was talking to Billy about his memories with his mom on the beach. How happy he once was, how care free. Billy started to tear up as she spoke and he let go a little. Billy then stood up and faced the monster as El crawled away to Ariel.

"Billy!" Ariel shouts before he is pierced by the many arms on the mind flayed causing a tear to fall from Ariels eye.

His lifeless body fell to the ground right in front of them. Ariel is the first to crawl to him.

"Billy, Billy wake up" tears fell from her eyes and then Max came over crying also. El hugged Max as Ariel sat there numb staring at Billy's body tears falling down her face.

"Ariel" Steve appeared and Ariel stood and ran to him crying into his already very stained uniform as he kissed her head.

Soon everyone was outside with the fire trucks and the army was heading inside the mall. Ariel sat with Max as she wouldn't let go of her hand, she saw Steve and have him a sad smile.

"Ariel!" She heard Dustins voice and ran towards him engulfing him in a hug and closing her eyes to try and hold back the tears that threatened to fall.

Tears of sadness

Tears of relief

Tears of loss.

All wanted to spill from her eyes at once and for once around her brother she finally let them.