day 34

The next day of work was awful. Everyone was shifting uncomfortably in their seats after seeing (Y/N) enter the office.

She looked just as well kept as before but there was something different. Her friendly aura snapped in half leaving a smothering air of despair. The young woman threw her bag beside her desk falling into her chair with a sigh.

Just being the office made her feel awful. Her lip quivering as she stared at her laptops. Her arm covered her eyes, hiding away from the light as she mentally pulled herself together.

All her mind could muster was what happened, the warmth of his arms wrapped around her. His eyes wide with surprise, the grey of his eyes a beautiful onyx. A faint shade of pink covering his cheeks. He was so handsome that it was a crime.

But it all crashed down when his eyes turn into deep nightshade; reminding her of the shadows you'd see in the forest when you're running from a hidden horror. It frightened her. There was so much hate pooling inside them it made her heart stop. Her breathing catching inside her throat as she remembered the intense emotion she felt.

Her throat was still sore from crying so much.

She just missed getting fired. Even with the friendly behaviour between them, he was still ready to throw her away; sure she understood her behaviour can be unprofessional and disruptive but she knew she could keep herself in check.

She just wasn't thinking. She got far too comfortable with the workplace and the people inside she thought she could be a kid. To experience the joys of messing around with people who enjoyed her company. 

'they did say if you didn't have a childhood you normally start to experience as an adult'

Her whole body felt frozen. Stuck in her defeated position. She had no motivation to move despite her head filled with images of her working. Unsure if she was actually doing it or imagining it. Whilst moping she didn't notice the male figure approaching her.

"(Y/N)?"

"Shut up, I'm trying to shift into work mode."

Sam's nose scrunched up. Snarling at her rude attitude, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek as he leaned on her desk.

"Don't be rude, look at me, will ya?"

"You're disturbing me." She muttered.

"I don't care if you're in a bad mood, you've been sitting like that for ages, get serious."

Her eyebrows knitted. A vein almost popped out of her neck at his words. With a deep frown on her face, she threatened him.

"I swear- if you fucking say one more word I will stomp you."

He gulped at her serious tone.

'when I said get serious that isn't what I meant.'

He looked over at Jaehee, silently begging her to help the situation. She nodded, walking over with a worried expression.

She gently placed a hand on her friend's arm. Slightly shaking it as she leaned down.

"(Y/N) I know you're upset but you need to do something, you said you were going to change, right?"

"Jaehee, I don't wanna be rude to you - don't lecture me."

The male felt as if he just got backhand slapped. Sending a small glare to the brunette seeing as she was getting the nicer treatment.

"Sit up." She ordered.

Surprised by the change of demeanour of the brunette, she sat up. Moving her arm off her face as she stared up at the both of them. An ache of blame experienced her heart when she took a gander at Sam.

"I'm up! What's with that tone?"

"If you want to be true to your word you have to start today! Now I want you to do these emails for me."

"Please don't-"

The older woman slammed the paper full of names and notes onto the desk. (Y/N) shuddered as the images of being judo chopped came to mind.

"Yes, ma'am!"

The two friends couldn't help but laugh. The young woman focused on the male. "uh-Sam? I'm sorry for being rude to you."

"it's fine, I would be stressed two if I had to deal with the director like that, you're always so lucky."

"I guess I am...I'm thankful to stay here with you two."

Doing work did help. Her mind immersed in the thousands of words absorbing into her brain. She didn't think it would work but it did. Jaehee dipping in and out of her bubble to see how she was doing, checking her emails.

"you're so good to me, what am I going to do without you?"

"be your-effing-self, I know you can get through this."

(Y/N) let out a large laugh. The woman beside her giggling as she. Smiled, pride swelling up in her chest.

"I think I'm influencing you too much! Next thing I know you'll actually start swearing!"

"we'll see if that happens, are you okay now?"

"I'm much better now, thank you."

"enough to face Mr Han? You have to send in your reports."

"not yet...Perhaps tomorrow."

She doubted she would but she knew she had to. It would be impossible to avoid her boss forever and she couldn't deny she missed his company. She didn't like avoiding his office but her heart ached just looking at it.

When break came around she silvered away. Phone in hand as she snuck into the lounge room, dialling Zens number. Sitting on the sofa by the window, watching the outside world as the phone rung.

"ah, babe, what can I do for you today?"

She dryly chuckled. Adjusting in her seat so she could be conformable during the call. Smiling at his voice.

"I'm so hopeless, I can't face him at all."

Hyun knew what was happening due to Jaehee and (Y/N) both speaking about it AND getting into an argument with the man of the hour himself. He could feel his irritation grow at just the thought of it.

He could still remember how her voice cracked when she called him. His heartbreaking as he imagined her tear-stained face.

"I wouldn't be able to face him every day, his face annoys me just by itself."

"because it isn't as handsome as yours?"

They both laughed. The mood immediately brightening.

"you know me so well~ but no, his whole life just makes me mad."

"fair but I'm used to being apart of his life almost every day."

"How did you stand him before?" he truly didn't understand the appeal. She seemed to be the only one in the group who could stand him.

"he's funny, easy to talk to and just - I don't know! I really like him."

Zen sighed, crossing his arm under his armpit as he stated at himself. The muffled voice of the director growing closer, rushing his thoughts.

"if you truly like him then you have to work through this, drag him through the ground whilst doing it."