Santa's Elves

Kuroo pinched the bridge of his nose, he was still confused. He came over to Kenma's because Kenma wasn't answering any of the text messages the Nekoma captain had been sending. The omega pudding head didn't even answer his phone when Kuroo tried that route. So after an hour of no response, and in Kuroo's defense that was unusual behavior on Kenma's part.

The omega setter would at least send one word text messages when he was busy with a game. His ability to multitask between game playing and texting was actually amazing.

Not that Kenma received text messages from a lot of people. He had a handful of contacts, mainly Kuroo and Chibi-chan, as odd as it was having such a close relationship with a rival team's spiker. Kenma wasn't one to make friendships on his own either, Shoyo was the first friend Kenma had made on his own. Kuroo was not jealous of an omega, nope definitely not jealous of an orange haired omega.

All that aside, the problem at hand was that his best friend and boyfriend had not been answering any texts or calls, and now he wasn't even answering the damn door!

Kuroo's imagination went wild with what could be happening to his best friend and omega? Was he sick? Had he played video games all night until early morning again and thus resulted in a fever? Sometimes Kitten forgot to eat during his hardcore gaming sessions, was he unconscious!? Or worse, Kenma's alpha father was always traveling for work, the man worked for a tech company. Kozume-san loved his son in his own way, but since Kenma's mother had died in childbirth he seemed unable to form a proper bond with his only child. When Kuroo and Kenma announced their courtship the man had seemed almost relieved as if he could just hand over the duties of Kenma's care without guilt to Kuroo. Not that Kuroo hadn't always taken care of the omega.

Kozume-san was an idiot as adults go, Kuroo felt bad for him. Kenma was so much more than just an omega. It was hilarious when Kenma's first heat had come on, it was Kuroo's omega father that was pulled out of his apartment into the Kozume's while the man was making dinner.

Kenma's father was so frantic he didn't know what to do, in his desperation he had just exploded through the Kuroo's apartment doors causing both Tetsurou and his mother to jump a mile. Kyo had dropped his soup ladle as the very out of breath alpha grabbed the cooking omega's arm and pulled him across the hall into the Kozume's apartment.

Once inside Kyo, Tetsurou's mother had yelled for him to not come in, but the young alpha had caught the sweet scent now coming from the Kozume apartment. He was met for the first time by a growling dark haired alpha that was Kenma's father. It was the first and maybe last time Kuroo had ever seen Mr. Kozume looking so scary and threatening.

"You.Stay.Away." He bit out "No. Alphas.' His scent was protective, territorial, hitting the young pup with an unprecedented heaviness bringing the younger alpha to his knees in the hall.

Kyo appeared almost immediately with a worried look, "Son, look at me." he took his child's face in his hands kneeling down. "This is important. Kenma's heat just started, he's vulnerable and in pain. Alphas will try to get into this apartment so it's important that his dad stays here. I'm going to help Kenma feel comfortable and less afraid, but I need you to be quick my clever boy. Take my wallet and go to the pharmacy, you know the one I always pick up my medicine at?" The young alpha couldn't help but nodd. "Good, of course you do. I'm going to call for Kenma's medication to be filled. If you'll run there and back as quick as you can, just text Kozume-san's phone when you're outside. Once Kenma has his medicine he'll be too sleepy to see you and it's uh-um well better that you give him time until he lets you know. But we'll worry about that later! Go. Quick."

"I'll be right back!" Kuroo shouted over his shoulder forgetting he didn't even have shoes on or his father's wallet. He ran back down the hall to get these things to his omega father's amusement.