Confronting Bellec

Later on, Arno planned to speak with Mirabeau, but he found the Mentor poisoned. Suspecting someone was attempting to pin the blame on Élise, Arno tracked down the poison seller and discovered that Pierre Bellec killed Mirabeau, believing that no peace could be achieved between the two factions, and that he was purging the Brotherhood to remake it into a stronger organization, similar to Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, and Connor. He attempted to convince Arno to join his cause, but Arno refused, and was forced to kill his former teacher.

As a lesser punishment for allowing two Master Assassins to die, the Council assigned Arno to infiltrate Palais des Tuileries, in order to destroy Mirabeau's letters which could compromise the Brotherhood. It was then, that Arno met with Napoleon Bonaparte, who was in turn searching for an Apple of Eden. As the palace became swarmed with extremists, Napoleon and his soldiers helped Arno escape through a secret passage, but not before Arno noticed another Templar, Frédéric Rouille. After escaping the palace, Napoleon provided Arno with Rouille's location at the Grand Châtelet prison, allowing Arno assassinate him.