Exile

Arno met with the Assassin Council to discuss his lead on the Templar Grand Master, however he was directed to the ceremony chamber. Arno attempted to update the council but they silenced him and cast judgment on him instead. The council did not approve of what they believed was a personal vendetta for revenge and his affiliation with Élise. They declared that Arno was banished from the Brotherhood and was no longer welcome, but that he was fortunate that they would not punish him further.

Arno left the Sanctuary and Paris to live at the de la Serre estate in Versailles, where he gained a reputation for being a drunk. In his stupor, he got into a bar fight, ending in his humiliating defeat and the loss of his watch to the gang leader. He tracked the gang to the Palais de Versailles, forced to face the terrible memories of his past, and killed the entire gang, only for Élise to turn up with his watch in hand.

Deducing that she wanted something from him, Arno furiously reopened old wounds from their last fight, stating that he cares more about her than killing Germain and that he wanted to assuage the guilt he felt for causing her father's death. When he allowed Élise to speak, she informed him that Paris had become more chaotic because of Germain. She encouraged him to be the man she loved and return with her to Paris. Arno agreed to come, but only after he assassinated Aloys La Touche.