[two]

[ a/n aaa this took so long im sorry
:( ] 

[ a/n aaa this took so long im sorry :( ] 

⊱ ───────── ⊰

BEFORE I MENTIONED THAT I WANT TO BE WHISKED UP TO THE HEAVENS.

that wish still remains. i think, deep down, we all wished to be spirited away into the land which we are told would grant us eternal life and happiness. i think we just all would like to escape from the miserable life so many of us experience during our time on earth.

gokana wishes that same as me. and since we do not have wings to fly into the clouds, we look for other ways to be close to the sky. 

like this rooftop.

it is the highest area of fukurodani academy, the closest to the clouds i have been. up here, we can see in such detail the white strokes against the blue canvas, making up art that we find so enchanting. they are drifting, no, we are drifting away and it creates such a serene feeling even though the earth is hurtling through space at thirty kilometers per second.

so that is why on afternoons like this one,  after school, gokana and i study up here on the rooftop, textbooks and pens laid strewn across the blanket which gokana brought from home so we could study in comfort.

which is what i am doing right now. i can't say the same for gokana. she is posing, angled in a way so that she's taking full advantage of the afternoon sun. her phone is out, and she's sending several snaps like the socialite she is.

when she sees my raised eyebrows she says, "you can't expect me to study and miss out on this lighting! come on, ona-chan, it's one of the first days of school and you've been studying for hours. have a break!"

before i can open my mouth and tell her that it hasn't been hours, but rather a mere fifteen minutes, the door to the rooftop flies open.

gokana freezes, and both our eyes land on the door, expecting a regimented teacher to come up and tell us off like they have been doing for the past two years (we ignored their scoldings, obviously).

but instead of a teacher, four students emerge onto the rooftop. the one standing in front is a boy with a muscular build, spiky hair and golden eyes. besides him is the only second-year out of the people on this rooftop, though i know his maturity exceeds everybody's. and rounding up the group are two pretty girls, each holding a small notebook and pen. 

bokuto, akaashi, kaori and yukie.

all members of the fukurodani men's volleyball team. 

"hey hey hey!" bokuto immediately bursts into his signature greeting.

kaori and yukie both exchange exasperated sighs before waving hello to me and gokana.

"good afternoon, wakara-san, nakamura-san," akaashi respectfully nods towards us, his black hair rustling from the motion. i simply nod back at him.