[six]

[ oba-san and oji-san means aunt and uncle ] 

⊱ ───────── ⊰

I USUALLY NEVER SLEEP IN.

well, maybe that's because i never have the chance to sleep in. between waking up early to get ready for school on weekdays and to study on weekends, i've gotten used to waking up at seven o'clock each morning.

so it's a surprise when i wake up at nine o'clock. majority of the birds have stopped chirping and the morning sun isn't as blinding anymore.

tiredly, i rub my eyes before exiting the guest room and walking downstairs into the living room of the iwaizumis. 

the neat, traditional japanese styled house is empty of people. i'm not too surprised. oji-san and oba-san's work started an hour ago. hajime probably left even earlier to go fit in some extra training before his tournament starts. 

i enter the kitchen to find a sticky note plastered besides a platter of small muffins, information about the tournament like the address and time clearly written out in hajime's slightly blocky handwriting. 

after three muffins, i go back into the guest room and get changed into a simple white polo shirt with a long-sleeved black shirt over and pair it with loose jeans and black boots. 

before slipping my phone into the back jean pocket, i remember the unknown caller. his tournament is starting today as well, if i recall correctly.

my finger hovers above the call button, unsure whether to press it or not. instead, i said a small text message.

good luck.

a million thoughts run around in my head, whether i should say something else. tell him not to make his injury worse? to be careful? that it doesn't matter if he wins or loses? 

and then i wonder why i want a simple text message to be perfect. 

⊱ ───────── ⊰

by the time i arrive at the stadium, it's the first set of aoba johsai against oomisaki high school. morning has passed quickly as seijoh had been seeded and the heat from the afternoon sun indicates that summer is truly on its way. 

though, the heat doesn't seem to affect seijoh's play. they're already at set point while oomisaki high school is stuck more than ten points behind. 

suddenly, small conversations taking place in the crowds stop, and it's almost silence as the setter, who i recognize as oikawa-san, takes the ball.

remembering gokana's request, i take out my phone and begin to film. 

with caution and extreme precision, oikawa-san throws the ball into the air. seijoh's supporters let out a synchronized cheer as oikawa-san gracefully ascends into the air before powerfully hitting the ball into the opposing stadium at the peak of his jump, nobody in oomisaki managing to move quickly enough to receive the ball.