[twelve]

⊱ ───────── ⊰

⊱ ───────── ⊰

RIDICULOUS.

that is what i deem that sudden, unrealistic thought that oikawa is responsible for drowning out my darkness. 

the rain and today's darkness happened as a little reminder because of father's death, not because oikawa wasn't with me. 

annoyed at myself for painting me to be one of those stereotypical damsel-in-distress protagonists of those romance stories, i start walking faster on my way to aoba johsai's volleyball gym, as if quicker steps will help me. 

so i will myself to slow down before i slip in one of the puddles the rain has left behind. the rain left as soon as it came, but there is still an air of chill that is unfamiliar in this hot season. 

the word 'hot' for some irrational reason, projects an image of oikawa in my head that takes a while to get out. i grow even more frustrated at myself for beginning to attach him to words that should have no meaning to me. 

the irritation gives me more strength than needed to push open to gym doors and they swing open quickly.

only oikawa, hajime and etsuko are here. etsuko and hajime are busy taking down a net together while oikawa jumps to perform his lethal serve, hitting it in the very corner of the court with scary accuracy. he lands back on the floor, a rare geniune smile spreading across his face that makes me subconsciously attach him to this one song gokana loved that sounded straight out from a movie (i think the song was electric love, by borns). 

the doors hit the walls with a loud thud that makes me grateful that only oikawa, hajime and etsuko are here and not the entire team (who didn't stay here to practice even more, i assume).

"sorry," i apologize, noting their wide eyes and attention on me, no longer on their more important tasks.

"don't apologize," hajime walks up to me before gesturing towards me. "i want an explanation."

"of what?" i ask, genuinely confused. 

etsuko looks at me as if i'm crazy. "wakara-chan, you're drenched!"

"oh, right," i blink, noticing the heaviness of my clothes, the slickness of my hair and the drops falling onto the gym floor. "it started raining all of a sudden, and i just kinda...stood there in the rain."

"i know that today is a terrible day for you," hajime mutters before saying the last part normally. "but why?"

i open my mouth to respond, but oikawa beats me to it, walking up to us with flamboyant arm movements. "why else, iwa-chan? to feel like a main character!

"but still, ki-chan," oikawa tuts and assumes a responsible tone and expression i didn't know he was capable of. "how careless of you! you're going to catch a cold like this. or even worse, the flu!"