Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

Angel looked down at a sleeping Tatum in his arms, after she had stopped crying long enough to tell him about her father it was like the realization of her words smacked her right in the face all over and the tears began to flow from her red-rimme...

Angel looked down at a sleeping Tatum in his arms, after she had stopped crying long enough to tell him about her father it was like the realization of her words smacked her right in the face all over and the tears began to flow from her red-rimmed eyes once again. He understood what it was like to loose a parent, he knew the unbearable pain that his wife was in right now, and Angel hated that he couldn't take her pain away.

Angel softly removed his arms from around Tatum, and placed a kiss on her forehead before quietly making his way out of their bedroom. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes as he made his way into the kitchen, switching on the coffee maker before grabbing two coffee cups from the cabinet. Angel had sent a text to Rey once Tatum had fallen asleep night, explaining as much as he knew and asking his wife's best friend if she could come over first thing in the morning to stay with Tatum while he went to the clubhouse. He didn't want to leave Tatum, but Bishop needed him in Templo and there was no fucking way he was leaving Tatum by herself right now.

A soft knock on the door made Angel push his body off of the counter and take a few swift strides to the door. "Hey, Rey." Angel said opening the door an stepping aside to let the curly haired woman in. "Thanks for comin'." He said while closing the door.

"Of course." Aubrey nodded. "Is she sleeping?" She asked as her brown eyes looked around the house for her best friend.

The last thing Aubrey was expecting was a text from Angel in the middle of the night telling her that Tatum's father had died. Angel had asked her to come over in the morning to stay with Tatum while he had club business, and honestly Angel didn't even need to ask her because Aubrey would always be there for Tatum.

"Yeah." Angel nodded while running a hand over his face.

Angel made his way back into the kitchen with Rey following behind, he poured coffee into the two empty mugs and handed one over to Rey. "There's mike in the fridge and sugar in the cabinet." He said.

Angel preferred his coffee black, but he kept milk and sugar in the house because Tatum loved to fill her coffee with sugar and a splash of milk. He never understood how his wife could drink her coffee so sweet, but it was just one of the many things he loved at her.

"Did Cal say what happened?" Rey asked as she grabbed a few sugar packets from the cabinet, quickly filling them open and pouring them into her steaming cup of coffee.

Angel shook his head. "No."

The Mayan had been wondering that himself, but he couldn't get any information out of Cal when he tried to talk to him which was understandable, but Angel wanted to know if Ty's death was some sort of retaliation for the deep shit SAMCRO seemed to be getting themselves into lately. He knew there was a power struggle happening in Charming and he just hoped his father in law hadn't done something stupid to get himself killed.

"I gotta go." He said while placing his empty coffee cup in the sink. "Thank again Rey. I really appreciate it." Angel said giving the woman who had started to see as a younger sister a small smile.

"You don't have to thank me." Rey said matter of fact. "Tatum's my best friend and this is what best friends are for."

Angel nodded before making his way out of the house. He had a long day ahead of him and he hoped for it to be over soon so he could be back at home comforting his wife.

•••

"Do we know anything about Ty James' death?" Bishop asked as the club sat around the table in Templo.

The Santo Padre president's eyes were focused on Angel as he asked the question. He had received a call from Alvarez late last night about Ty's death, and while his cousin didn't know many details surrounding the long time SAMCRO members sudden death, both Bishop and Alvarez had a gut feeling that it wasn't so simple as SAMCRO was making it seem.

"No, Jefe." Angel shook his head as he lit up a cigarette. "Couldn't get much information from Cal. The guy was a fuckin' wreck when I tried to talk to him."

"That's understandable." Hank spoke, earning nods from around the table. "How's Tatum holdin' up?" He asked softly.

Angel shook his head, deciding to keep his answer simple. He didn't need to voice how much of a wreck Tatum was for the club to already know that, they could tell by the look on his face the moment he stepped into the clubhouse.

"You think SAMCRO had somethin' to do with Ty's death?" Coco asked abruptly.

"I don't know." Bishop said with a sigh while running a hand over his face. "SAMCRO has been getting into some deep shit lately, but what you're askin' is somethin' that ruins a club."

"If SAMCRO was involved with Ty's death then there's a lot more bad shit going down in Charming than we know about." Taza spoke.

"Yeah." Bishop nodded. "Angel go home and be with Tatum." Bishop ordered. "This shit isn't gonna get figured out in one fuckin' day."

"Thanks, Jefe." Angel said.

Bishop didn't need to tell him twice to go home and be with his wife as he quickly made his way out of Templo.

•••