You belong with me *Jack*

Please.. Anyone but him I thought as my fraternal twin sister's boyfriend, Jack, walked into the house. My sister, Gabbie, had invited him over for dinner and to spend the night, which we all know what's gonna happen. My family has always known Jack, his mom is my moms best friend. So when Jack and Gabbie got together everyone was happy.

I was too at first.. But them my real feelings toward Jack started to show. It got to the point where I had to ignore him for days on end to try and erase those feelings.. But that only made them stronger.

"Hey (y/n) what's up!" Jack said as he saw me. I forgot to mention he is also my best friend, which made trying to ignore him even harder.

"Wassup Jack," I said, me and him did our little handshake we made in 6th grade. We hugged at the end and he picked me up, causing me to giggle. Once he put me down I saw Gabbie standing against the wall. She walked up and grabbed Jack's hand.

"Come on babe, let's go upstairs," She started pulling him to the staircase. I waved to Jack, he waved back and followed Gabbie upstairs to her room.

I sighed and went to my room and sat at my desk. I could here Gabbie Giggling through the wall. Keep in mind that our rooms are down the hall from each other. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my phone and headphones. I plugged in my headphones and turned on some music.

I hummed to the song playing, those hums soon turning into full out singing.

"I'm listening to the kinda music she doesn't like," I sang, "She'll never know your story like I do."I unplugged my headphones .

"I'm dreaming 'bout the day when you wake up and find," I sang loudly, "That what you looking for has been here the whole time!" I started dancing/jumping on my bed.

"YOU BELONG WITH ME," I started thinking about Jack. How his hair looks when it's not curly. How his eyes shine when he smiles. His laugh.. The butterflies he gives me just by being around.. You belong with me..

I fell onto my bed, thinking about jack. I plugged my headphones back in and just laid there. I tried to get my mind off him by focusing on the music, but every song reminded me of him. Meant to be.. Somebody to you.. Perfect two.. Soon all I could think about was him.

Hours went by. I sat up and wiped a few ears from my face. Tf what time is it.. I looked at my phone. hm it's nine.. I sighed and went to the door. When I opened it I ran into someone.

"Oh I'm sorry," I said looking up...Jack...

"No it's my fault completely" He said, "Gabbie fell asleep, so I was wondering if you'd like to hang out?"

"I uh Sure, yeah," I moved out of the way so he could come in. Jack walked in and sat in the bed. I closed the door then sat at the head of the bed, leaning back on the wall.

We talked for a bit, about my schooling and his career. It was nice. Talking to him made time stop, like we were the only two on earth. We stopped talking for a little while and just sat there in silence. Not an unbearable awkward silence, but a comfortable one. Jack looked at me, like he was examining me.

"Have you been crying?" he asked, concern written on his face. I shook my head and bit the inside of my cheek.

"(y/n) I know you, I know what you look like after you've been crying," He came closer, "what happened?"

"I've just been thinking," I said and crossed my arms, looking at my feet. I knew I messed up.. but I can't lie to him.

"About..?" Jack asked. He's cute when he's concerned..

"You..." I mumbled, I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged them. I rested my chin on my knees and looked at the bed.

"What was that?" Jack asked looking at me. I know he heard what I said, so I just stayed quiet.

It stayed that way for a while.m, neither of us taking. Until Jack spoke up again.

"I think about you, too," he said looking at his hands.
I looked up, "I think about you so much it's hard to think about thing else.." Jack whispered just loud enough for me to hear.

"I- I- " I looked down again, not knowing what to say. This can't be happening.. not now..

"I can't think strait when I'm around you, I haven't for a while," he said, "Gabbie.. She's amazing.. But I only asked her out because I knew you wouldn't say yes if I asked you."

"Jack..." I looked at him, "I-" He cut me off by putting his lips on mine. I gasped but soon kissed back. It was a nice, soft kiss.  Full of passion, I never wanted it to end.

Jack Pulled back slowly, his hand still on my cheek.

"I love you (y/n) and I have for years now," I kissed him again. I felt so bad.. But I couldn't help myself.

"I love you too Avery."