chapter 11

CHARLOTTE BLARAKO

i haven't seen johnny since the night he walked out, and i was going insane. johnny kept me grounded, and i wasn't doing well without him. at least i had andrea.

"char, you need to talk to johnny. you look sick." andrea said, walking into the curtis house.

"if he wanted to talk to me he would have by now, i don't wanna bother him." i shrugged.

as if it were his cue, johnny walked into the house; with a girl. ponyboy, andrea and dallas looked over at him furiously.

"hey guys, this is gabby, my friend." johnny said. gabby smiled and waved at the gang. i looked down at their hands and noticed they were holding hands, which made me sick to my stomach. johnny introduced her to everyone in the gang but me, and sat down on the couch.

"oh yeah, that's charlotte." he shrugged. she smiled and shook my hand, and i returned the favor. at least she was a nice girl.

i slowly got up and walked to the kitchen and sat in a chair, resting my face in my hands. johnny was completely ignoring me. andrea walked in and placed a hand on my shoulder, sitting next to me.

"you know he loves you, right?" she said, frowning at me.

"i don't think so andrea, but i need him. i don't know how much longer i can survive without him and it's only been a couple of days." a tear rolled down my cheek and she quickly wiped it away.

"he's your best friend. you may not be on the best of terms but he loves you a lot."

"she's right, char." darry rolled into the kitchen and looked over at me.

i just shrugged and went back to my place on the couch, but gabby was gone. i scooted closer to johnny so andrea could sit down, and surprisingly he didn't move away. the gang talked for hours, though
johnny didn't speak a word to me, before i decided to go home.

i took a shower and got changed, and decided to go to the lot. i've been staying at andreas or the curtis', i haven't had the courage to stay the night at my house yet. but, i felt as if i was burdening them so i went to the lot.

i walked over and saw a familiar figure sitting on the couch, watching the sunset.

"charlotte?" he asked.

"sorry, i-i'll go." i went to walk away but he grabbed my arm. he stared at me for a second before pulling me into a bear hug.

"i missed you, char. i'm sorry i was being so dramatic, especially  at the time you needed me most. i heard your conversation with andrea in the kitchen." i looked down at my shoes but he lifted my chin with his finger.

"i love you, charlotte. i'm sorry about that whole gabby situation too, i-i don't like her. she's just some stupid soc." he stuttered, fiddling with his fingers.

"you wanna be my girl?" he asked, looking up at me and smirking. i nodded and smiled, pecking his cheek.

————
"sure does look like they made up to me, dal."

"be quiet you doofus, you'll wake them up!"

i opened my eyes to see dal and ponyboy standing there.

"hi guys." i waved.

"you two lovebirds are so cute." dal wiped a fake tear and placed a hand on his chest sarcastically.

"awe, cut it out dally." johnny wrapped his arm tighter around me and kissed my head.

"you got that girl blushing to death, johnnycakes finally got one." he smirked. i just rolled my eyes and sat up.

"what do you guys want, it's like 7am!" i furrowed my eyebrows and pony laughed at me.

"hate to burst your bubble char, but it's 12pm." he laughed at me and i chuckled.

"oopsies!"

————

dal took us to the dingo and i was once again drinking johnny's milkshake.

"charlotte rose, did you already drink your whole milkshake?" he questioned, raising his eyebrows. i nodded and continued drinking his and he face palmed.

"are y'all a thing now?" pony asked, gesturing towards us. i looked over at johnny and he nodded. both dallas and pony cheered and i laughed alongside johnny.

i guess things are finally looking up.