chapter 5: Why?

* trigger warning mentions of slurs, blood, abuse, bad thoughts*

Remington's p.o.v.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Its the guy I bit and drank his blood. He is now a monster like me. But how could it be?

I just dont understand this. I have created another monster like me. This just can't be. Now our town isnt safe. He is using the powers I gave him and abusing them for the wrong thing.

Now I have to end this. I need to stop him, before he kills someone else.

I get the courage to walk up to him and grab him by the collar of his shirt. " what are you doing?!" He asks.

" I can't let you kill harmless people. So I thought I should get rid of you."

He let out a laugh. " you can't get rid of me fag. You're to much of a wimp to do so."

" oh yeah. Just wait and see." And with that, I stuffed his mouth with garlic and ripped his head off.

I'm sad I had to do the same thing to this innocent person he was reading on, but it the only thing I had to do, cause I have no idea what that person is capable of either.

Once I was done I dug two holes and buried them. I then headed back home and showered.

Today has been a long day and to say the least I wasn't ready to go back to school tmrw. Knowing there will be rumors of me going around saying I killed a student of the school by drinking their blood.

I just hope Andy has some lie he could tell that are believable.

After my shower I get ready for bed and fall asleep.

I soon wake up to emerson walking in my room. " remi?" He asks. " you awake."

I groan and rub my eyes before sitting up in my bed. " I wasn't, but now I am. What do you need?"

" it's just. I'm worried about you. You seem different is all."

" how so? " I ask him.

" why?" He asks me. " why were you gone for so long? Why did you get home so late?"

" I was at a friends house. I slept over and lost track of time. Then I came home and showered." I tell him, half lying. I can't let my little brother know I'm a monster. He will be terrified of me.

" oh okay. Sorry for asking so many questions. I was just worried about you is all."

" emerson you know, If something was wrong with me, i will tell you. I'm sorry for worrying you." I tell him and he nods.

" promise me you won't do it again?"

" emerson I can't promise. Cause some promises are meant to be broken. And I don't want to promise you something and end up hurting you. It's best that I don't. I would hate to see you hurt. " he than comes over and hugs me.

" I love you Remington. Please dont ever leave me. "

" I promise." I smell his blood and see it coursing through his veins. I hold back my urge to drink.

I soon pull away from his hug. " you should get some sleep. It's late. " I tell him.

" okay. Night remi. "

" night Em." With that he walks out my room closing the door behind him. I let out a sigh, knowing my powers are getting stronger and its harder to control them. But why?