Part 2

There was so much rushing through my mind. So many emotions bubbling up to he surface. The anger, was this because of what I was? Wait what was I, who was I?

No, no I'll wake up soon, it will all just be an over the top dream, like so many I'd had before. I shook my head from side to side, I couldn't take it in. What I was, it just couldn't be true. I would get myself out of this dream, I'd wake up, go back to my normal life...

It was explained to me, that I had in fact been taken from the streets. Ruskin hadn't been totally honest to Alice. I hadn't been mugged, he had been watching me for weeks, waiting for the perfect time to pounce, to take me. Experiment on me. Make me into something more. 

I had abilities, my body had been enhanced, improved. I was stronger than I had ever been, and my senses were heightened. He, Ruskin and his followers were trying to make me into a weapon. A pawn in the uprising of a better, stronger HYDRA. HYDRA, spanned back to ancient times. Many times they had tried to take over, to become the ultimate power. They were hell bent on world domination.

Wanda, as I came to know her, who was only a few years younger than me, gave herself over to HYDRA, alongside her brother. She thought what she was doing the right thing at the time. Her brother sadly died. James Barnes, the rugged beautiful man was taken, experimented on too, many years ago. He prefered to be called Bucky. He was once known as the Winter Soldier, brainwashed by HYDRA, they forced him to become the ultimate weapon. Now however, they were part of another team, a better team. The Avengers, captained by Bucky's best friend, Steve, the super muscular man, many knew him as Captain America.

Wanda had powers, they called her Scarlet Witch. Her thing was neuro-electric interfacing, telekinesis and mental manipulation, which would explain our first encounter. She was often accompanied by Vision, the purple man. He was in fact an android, created by Tony.

I listened, one by one over the coming days, to what everyone had to say about themselves and one another. I came to trust them, as my friends. They had wanted to help me. Apart from one. Tony, he had yet to say much, he watched from afar, unsure of who I was. I learnt about him from the others, Natasha, the red head, former assassin and ultimate badass had told me about his past. Bucky had killed his parents, it had formed a rift between the two, culminating into a bitter fight, but he wasn't himself at the time. I felt for the former soldier. Bucky had gone into hiding, but now he was here. He had been dragged in to help, by Steve. He had been hiding in a place known as Wakanda. From all the stories, to me it sounded like the ultimate get away, a good place to hide. It sounded beautiful.

Bucky had witnessed HYDRA's cruelty first hand. You would think this would draw him closer, create an understanding and a connection between us, but it didn't. I felt as though he didn't trust me, either. I didn't blame him, I wasn't fully aware of what HYDRA had done to me. They could have brainwashed me, installed trigger words, like they had done with him. I didn't trust myself either. He spoke little and when he did, I couldn't read his tone, but I would often catch him staring at me. I couldn't tell if his eyes were softly boring into mine or wether he was daydreaming about strangling me in my sleep with his metal arm. His stares made me uneasy, I bolted my door at night.

Sam was very strong and athletic, he did not possess any extra ability, but he did have an awesome set of wings, with shooters and a red bird. They called him The Falcon. Sam was funny and strong willed. I liked him. He liked to show off, and made me laugh. I can't remember the last time I truly laughed. 

My memory from before my transformation was hazy. Steve told me I had no family left, which had me raging for days. I had smashed my room up that first day, unaware that Bucky was next door, fighting the urge to calm me. Hold me.
He left me to fight my demons alone. Steve had came rushing to see what the commotion was, cursing Bucky for not helping me. He knew what it was like to feel this way. To feel the hurt. The hatred. To feel alone. Bucky promised Steve that day to be more present. I didn't know it, but Bucky guarded my door most nights, fighting the urge to talk to me. Comfort me. I didn't have nightmares, I just couldn't sleep, trying to piece back any memory I had before Ruskin captured me.
Tony relaxed in my presence too, becoming a father figure to me. He was still wary of me, but he trusted that I was not going to go running back to HYDRA, why would I, they took everything from me, what little I had.