Epilogue

When back at the commound and after a few days of rest, I started to research Bennett and Enid.

Steve had managed to get hold of some files in Ruskins care.

Enid had been kidnapped too, much like myself, HYDRA had wiped her memories, she knew no one other than her captors, she had looked out for Bennett and I, often defying Ruskin and Alice's orders. I wished I could thank her for what she had done for me, but now it was too late.

With help I managed to find some relatives of Enid, I couldn't interact or interfere with their lives, their daughter had been missing for years and had been assumed dead, Ruskins doing. I watched from afar, Enid looked like her mother so much, I put flowers on her empty grave.

Bennett had been taken around the same time as myself, and Steve was right about the connection between us, there were images in the files I searched and my suspicions had been correct, Ruskin had branded us both, myself and Bennett, we were experimented and tested on at the same time in the same chamber, he had created a blood bond between us, that is why Bennett felt a pull towards me. Bucky, and I don't blame him, had felt jealous of this, even though my heart belonged to him and him alone.

Ruskin had wanted us all to be killers, to be a part of his new army of HYDRA. He had failed. We were all free now.

It took many months for things to settle, Bucky didn't leave my side, I told my plans to the team two months to the day, I was going to leave, I needed to clear my mind, to travel, see new worlds. They tried with their words to keep me near, but kept to their earlier promise, I was not tied to them but they would be close if I needed them. I would be forever grateful and in their debt. I would miss them all.

Bucky left with me, he had work to do, and found the perfect place for us to settle, it had to be cleared but in a week's time we would be leaving for Wakanda. I was excited for our new adventure.

The people of Wakanda were unaware of my presence, but something irked them, something, someone that lurked in the shadows, they called me (with a little help) the Spectre.

★ ★ ★

I hope you liked this short story. It's not where I intended to take it, but I needed to wrap this story up as I'm trying to focus on 'Lumina Lumii' and 'Wherever You Are' 

I've marked it as complete but I'll be coming back to update and edit it when I can.

Please vote and comment on my stories, it means alot to get feedback and I'm struggling for inspiration right now. I've a few stories I'm focusing on in my 'Sebastian and Characters One Shots/ Imagines' book before anything else so please feel free to drop by and have a peak.

I'm grateful to those who do comment and vote and add my stories to their reading lists, so THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, you really do make my day.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Lou xxx