After the Rain

The white haired boy sat on the couch next to me, he was a little too close so I hopped closer to the farthest edge. He had a consternated look, but I could see he was as confuse as me.

- So, what do you meant by all that?

- It's just that...

I breathed in, breathed out, then prepared myself to tell everything.

- I don't remember anything. I just woke up in this house and realized I couldn't recall my own name.

He stared at me skeptical, probably it sounded like a crazy and impossible thing to happen. Maybe I suffered an accident and lost my memory, it wasn't that unrealistic. He rolled his eyes, but then started considering what I said.

- It's not like Soraru- san doing those kind of jokes...

- Because is not a joke. Is that my name? Soraru?

He nodded. It sounded like a weird name, but I let things being. The man analyzing me was looking at me so intensively that I had to look away, it was making me uncomfortable.

- Oh, sorry.

- It's alright.

The man put on a clumsy and bright smile, but I could see vestige of pity in his eyes.

- I'm Mafumafu, and we're very good friends. I'll try to help you the best way I can.

- Thank you, Mafumafu-san?

- Just Mafumafu is fine.

He told me we were neighbors, and we settled to have lunch together this day, and as I didn't show up neither answered text messages he decided to come over and see if anything had happened.

I could see the pain in his eyes, even though he was forcing a smile I could see it trembling and failing a little. It should be very difficult not being recognized by a friend, at least that was what I presupposed believing his words, but for some reason I felt like I could trust him for anything.

- So, Mafumafu, when was the last time you saw me?

- Yesterday in the afternoon, but you seemed perfectly normal. And you also made a tweet close to midnight.

- What did it said?

- Just some random stuff, I don't remember much of it, but we can check it in ours cellphones.

- Oh, about this...

I picked up the phone and clicked on the turn on/off button, revealing a screen with number options from 0 to 9, and for unlocking the cellphone we had to type the correct six digits password.

- Sure, you don't remember your password.

- Would you know it by any chances?

- Let me see.

He typed something and got a message saying it was the wrong number sequence, and sighed in annoyance.

- I guess you changed it recently.

He handed me the device, and I stared it clueless. Suddenly it started ringing, I got frightened and accidentally dropped it on the couch, that was lucky. I picked the phone and read the contact name: nqrse, Maybe when I added him I wrote a "q" instead of "a".

- Who is this? - I asked Mafumafu

- Naruse, he is ours friend. You play games together very often.

I hesitated, but decided picking up the call, maybe he could help figuring something out. I set speakerphone, so Mafumafu can help me with the conversation.