Investigation

Walking on the streets, even though I had Mafumafu's company, was making me feel very uncomfortable and uneasy. It just felt weird to expose myself like that to everyone, when in fact I didn't even knew who I was.

Back in my house - it still sounds off to name it mine - Mafumafu told me we should go out to eat breakfast/lunch, since it was 13:00 pm, because we didn't ate a thing since we wake up and who knows when was the last time I ate. I didn't understand why we couldn't just pick one of the numerous unhealthy eatable things I had in kitchen cabinets, and Mafumafu's answer that we shouldn't eat junk food in that situation didn't had much logic, since we were used eating those stuff everyday, as he told me.

I slowed my pace until I stoped completely, looking closely to one store's showcase. I wasn't interest in nothing specific they were selling, I just felt like looking to my face once more. I was wearing a black surgical mask, Mafumafu said we wore that a lot not to being recognized, but I thought that was pointless, we weren't government spies or anything like that.

- What are you looking at?

Mafumafu was standing next to me, trying to find inside the store what caught my attention. I began moving again, heading to the direction we were walking before.

- Nothing.

He hushed himself looking at a specific point, and pointed at a restaurant named "yummy forks".

- It seems healthy.

- How is eating forks healthy? That's at least suicidal.

- Mou, let's just go inside.

He held my hand and dragged me along, when we were already inside the place he let go of me. It was just a normal restaurant, so we sat in one table and started ordering the meal. While I looked at the menu, I felt Mafumafu gazing at me, and since it made me uncomfortable I abruptly turned my eyes to him, making him a bit surprised.

- What is it?

- I-i was just thinking that, if anything comes to your mind, you should say.

- By reading a menu?

He didn't answer, so I put my attention back on the plates. There was indeed, one specific kind of food that displeased me when I stoped to imagine it.

- I guess those foods with tomato sauce don't attract me, or rather they seem very bad.

- Yeah, you don't like tomato! - Mafumafu exclaimed energetically.

- But is not like I'm remembering anything. I mean, I just felt like they would taste bad because even without memories I have the same tastes, it's not like I have recalled the fact that I don't like it.

Mafumafu got a bit down with this comment, so I wished I haven't done it. But even though he didn't back off.

- That only means that you are still you, so soon enough you'll remember.

I thought we had already gone through the process of realizing I was the same Soraru that he knew, so technically those little acts that comproved it were kind of unnecessary, but I kept my mouth shut about it. I was also feeling excited for discovering something about myself, even something so irrelevant as which foods I liked and which I didn't.

After some minutes passed, we finally ordered our meals, and when I gave the first bite was the moment I realized how hungry I was: starving. I basically devoured it, and felt very satisfied at the end. When Mafumafu finished, he payed our bills and we left the establishment.

But when we were back in silent walking in the streets, I thought about how rude I may have had been.

- Er, Mafumafu.