Glad to Remember

When morning came, I was already awake; it hadn't been a good night of sleep for me. I thought I would go trough it smoothly, but in the middle of  night weird flashes of memories started running trough my head, and I got so overwhelmed from these messy pieces of moments that I completely lost sleep.

Mafumafu did tell me to go to him if anything happened, but that insomnia really wasn't a big deal, and there was nothing he could do about it, anyways. So I waited until the sun went up, shining in the morning sky, and walked down the hall to his house. He opened the door almost immediately after I rang the doorbell, maybe he was already thinking about visiting me.

- Ohayo, Soraru-san! Get in.

- Ohayo. Excuse me.

Saying that, I took my shoes off and entered his flat. It didn't feel like a unknown place for me, and I was even able to remember some things that happened in specific rooms of the house. Maybe the last 12 hours awaken deep in thoughts hadn't been a complete loss of tine. I still couldn't remember my other friend's stuff, though.

We sat on his couch, but soon after he realized something and went to the kitchen to bring something for us to eat. He came back with some snacks, definitely not even close from a proper meal, but I accepted it, it seemed good.

- I guess you didn't sleep well, huh.

Mafumafu said that with a very casual tune, and I wondered if I was so sluggish to the point he guessed it.

- How did you know?

- You have some very big dark circles under your eyes, and they are also a little red, probably irritated.

I wish I had dark sunglasses to cover that, I probably looked like a zombie. But then I thought again, and if I were to wear both dark sunglasses and a mask, I would probably look like a dangerous person.

- I almost remembered some things during night time, but now I just feel like they all ran away...

- That's fine! That's a good signal.

Mafumafu would continue, but suddenly the doorbell rang. I felt uneasy, but Mafumafu simply made a surprised face and got ready to see who was there.

After looking trough the magic mirror, my blood froze as I realized he was planning to open it. What was I so afraid of? I wasn't sure, but I almost felt like a shut in, as if people from the outside world were all strangers for me (which wasn't technically wrong) and able of doing anything since I was unware of their conduct.

- It's okay Soraru-san, I called some friends over, I thought it was time already.

Somehow he realized I was apprehensive, and tried to reassure me. It worked a little bit, and I fixed my gaze upon the door. When he opened it, a short girl and a guy showed up and greeted him, and after taking their shoes off Mafumafu let them in.

The second the girl saw me (her face was familiar, I almost could remember who she was) she let out a relief sigh and started coming in my direction.

- Thank god you are okay Sorarun!

I didn't know how to react, and since I didn't know what she meant, I ended up asking the obvious.

- What do you mean?

- Mafumafu-kun contacted Amatsuki and I, saying that something happened to you and if we could come over it would help a lot.

As she approached me, a glimpse of a name passed through me. Chan... chan something. The Amatsuki name she mentioned really got to me, and I was certain it was the name of the guy who was coming to the opposite sofa with Mafumafu.