Chapter 13

I woke up to a cold bed, and the sound of yelling coming from somewhere in the house. I'm assuming its Johnny cause I mean who the hell else is it gonna be. I made my way out of bed, and down the stairs to see what was going on. I was greeted with a fuming Johnny yelling at his phone on the couch.

"Do you think I fucking care Marco. Do you really think that I give a flying fuck. Do you know who your fucking talking to? Get it done and get it done now. I will not be hearing about this again, or I swear to god I'll" His eyes finally found me at the bottom of the steps looking wide eyed at him. His face softened and he ran a hand through his hair. "Just get it done, I have to go." With that he hung the phone up and shoved it in his left pocket.

"How much of that did you hear love?" he questioned. "Not much" I chuckled. "Just that you really really don't care, and you want whatever it is done right now." He nodded his head at me. "What was it?" I stupidly asked. "Don't worry love. Nothing you need to worry that pretty little head about." I brushed it off, assuming it was something for work that was just boring.

"So" he said as his hands clasped together. "I was thinking we would head back in a bit, and then when we get home you and I could visit a couple friends of mine." I tipped my head in confusion. "Do they know that you ya know-" "Yes they now that I took you, they took their partners as well. They follow the same kind of dynamic that we do love. I thought it might be nice for you to relate to their girls since they've gone through all of this before." I nodded my head as I stared at my hands. "Yea I guess that could be fun."

I have never really been a people person. Friends didn't come easily to me, and practically any social situation was bound to give me some kind of anxiety attack. On the other hand though, it probably will be helpful. If they've gone through this before they can actually understand unlike the dofus over there. I'm just going to pray that everything turns out okay.

Getting home was a blur. After our conversation Johnny went outside to make another call, this time telling me he was calling the friends he was talking about. He came back in and we rushed around the house packing up before jumping into the car. The car ride was filled with laughs, and lets just say some very very interesting singing from a tone deaf Johnny.

"No" I laughed out "E it's an E. You my friend are hitting a B. Your so so so off." I kept laughing as Johnny looked at me. "How do you know all that?" He asked? "What do you mean" I asked confused. "Like how did you know what the notes were and what key it was in and all that. Jesus love I don't even know what you were talking about with all those fancy words. "I have a degree in music" I said looking out the window. All that stuff was just basics anyways.

"I didn't know that, that's amazing doll. Do you play anything?" "Yea" I responded. "My goal was to end up being a teacher so I needed to know the basics of pretty much everything. However my favorites would have to be the piano the violin, and singing." "So your telling me that you love know how to play all instruments." He took his eyes off the road looking at me in awe. "Yea, I had to know how to for school. Its not that big of a deal.

"God you just keep getting better and better don't you love?" He shook his head as he focused back in on the road. The remainder of the trip was spent listening to music, and Johnny asking me about a thousand questions about music. I honestly enjoyed it. I hadn't set foot into my music mindset since he took me. It has always been kind of a relaxing safe space for me so this was definitely needed. When we arrived home, Johnny grabbed the bags again as I took Daisy out from the back seat.

"You can just put her in the back, She probably has to go to the bathroom love." I nodded my head as I made my way over to the gate. I let Daisy off her leash before entering the house through the sliding door. I could hear Johnny upstairs busy putting stuff away. I wandered into the living room, Propping  my feet up and putting the TV on. I still didn't have the code to get into his account, so looks like kids show for me. I settled on The Bee Movie cause why the heck not it's the mother fuckin Bee Movie .

I was about ten minutes in when I heard Johnny making his way back downstairs. "Watcha watchin love?" He asked. " The Bee Movie." I replied with a smile. "Hmm I've never seen it." I paused the movie in complete shock. "What do you mean you've never seen it?" I asked. "I dunno love I've just never watched it. I'm not a big movie person doll." I gave him a skeptical look before hitting play again.

He made his way over to me before plopping down next to me and pulling me toward him so my back was to part of his chest and my legs were swung over his. As we watched the movie waiting for his friends to arrive, I started just absentmindedly thinking. "Why do you want to take care of me?" I asked. Johnny took his focus off the TV and gave me a confused look. "What do you mean doll?" "Like what made you want to try ddlg. What makes you want to take care of me?" I asked.

He hugged me closed to him. "Well the friends of mine coming over got into it first. They sort of introduced me to it thinking it might be something that I would like. And they were right." "What made them so sure you would like it?" I asked wrapped in his arms with my head against his chest. "Well they are apart of the work that I do and I'm sort of the umm the CEO of my company. And the way I run the company, some outsiders may see as ruthless or harsh. But it works, and makes us all successful. So I think they thought it would be a good fit given the way I handle myself at work." I nodded my head into his chest.

"I guess that makes sense." I said. "What kind of business do you run?" "Its um a loan company. We just give people money when they need it and they pay us back with a little bit of interest in the end." I nodded my head into his chest feeling content with his answers. We both stayed in a comfortable silence after that, just enjoying each others company and watching the rest of the movie. With about five minutes left, the door bell went off. "That must be them" Johnny smiled as he got up.

I made my way to get up as well following him to the door. Still a little nervous  I hid slightly behind Johnny as he opened the door. I felt my anxiety pick up and hid my face in his chest, earning a chuckle from Johnny and whoever was at the door. He pulled me from behind him, and proceeded to introduce me. "This love is Lorenzo but you can call him Zo, and his girlfriend-" As Johnny was talking I slowly tried to build up the courage to turn around and face the people I was being introduced to.

As I finally put myself to together and managed to face them I felt the entire world stop. I interrupted Johnny in shock "Lucia?" I said breathlessly. "Cassie?" she replied looking taken aback. Both Johnny and Lorenzo looked at us with shock. "You two know each other?" they asked in unison. We both shook our heads not breaking eye contact with each other. "She"s my sister" I said barely above a whisper as my voice cracked at the end.

-

-

-

-

-

By now i think you all know the drill, feel free to leave some feedback and let me know what you think. I know I left this on a bit of a cliff hanger, and I promise to update and not leave you all hanging for too long. You can expect and update by Friday night, but I may even be able to a bit earlier than that. I know this story may be moving a little slow, but I promise you guys we are going to start getting into the good stuff, and learning a lot more about Johnny and his past, and all of that good stuff. So just sit tight, and thank you so so so much for taking the time to read my book. It means a lot to me that people enjoy this book, and that it is doing so well. I never thought in a million year that I could write something someone else would love to read. My dm's have been flooded with all of you leaving such kind messages, and I promise that if you haven't heard from me you definitely will in the near future, its just taking me a while to read through them all. Love you all stay safe out there during the rona.