Chapter 2

Garrett's pov
I stuff Benjamin into my backpack along with some snacks.

"Garrett hurry up!" Andrew whined from the living room.

"Ok. Ok I'm coming." I say zipping you my bag and grabbing my luggage and walk into the living room to see Andrew getting a water bottle.

"What was taking you so long?"

"Well..I had to grab Benjamin!" I say pulling Benjamin out just a little to see his little head. Andrew laughs his cute laugh. I laugh along with him.

He calms down a bit, "Well Shane texted to say hurry up because we have to meet at his so we can Uber to the airport."

"Alright let's go then!" I say stuffing Benjamin back in my bag and we leave my tiny house and head to my car.

-time skip to Shane's house-

We walk into Shane's house. "Finally! You guys are gonna make us miss our flight." He says taking a sip of his diet root beer. "And I am not about to lose money on our pods!" He said jokingly but with a hint of truth.

"That was my fault." I said taking a La Croix from the fridge. "I had to get snacks and also Benjamin! Can't for get him!" I said and pulled Benjamin out of my bag.

Shane sighed, "You brought the baby?"

"Well of course! Couldn't very well leave her home alone! She's going to terrorize the neighbors cat and the squirrels in my backyard!" I say and Andrew giggles which makes me smile. I love his laugh. And him but....we don't talk about that or my love life because I haven't been on a date in what feels like years and I'm in love with a straight person. Shane just sighed again shaking his head. He left the kitchen to go get Morgan and Ryland so we can get an Uber.

-time skip to the airport-

Shane's pov
"Come on hurry up Garrett!" I say annoyedly. He got stopped at security because of Benjamin in his bag.

"I'm coming I'm coming." He says pushing the baby into his bag. I saw Andrew looking at him like he was so in love. I noticed that lately he looks like this. Laughs louder at Garrett's stupid jokes or if Garrett touches him he'll blush. I noticed these things and Garrett doesn't because he's an oblivious 5 year old.

We get to our gate and a few minutes later over the speaker we hear, "The flight 326 to Cancun at gate B6 is off schedule and is delayed an hour. Sit tight and we'll board you as soon as we can. Thank you."

Garrett and Morgan look at each other at the same time, "Yay! More time for snacks!" They say at the same time before laughing and setting their stuff down to run to the 7/11 a little way from us. Ryland sits down and pulls out his phone. Before Andrew could go sit down I pull him away to talk to him. He looks at me curiously.
"What's with you and Garrett?"

"W-what are y-you talking about? We're friends." He says nervously rubbing his neck.

"Okayyy that may be true but what's with you? Don't think for a second I don't notice how you look at him or blush when he touches you." I say looking at him seriously.

He sighs, "I don't know. I don't know what's up with me lately. But god every time I see him I'm immediately happy. I love his smile, his laugh, his jokes-"

"You love him." I cut off. He leans against the wall, deep in thought.

"I can't." He says quietly. "He's my best friend and I'm supposed to be straight."

"Clearly your not though. But I get it. I've been where you are. I understand. You shouldn't shut down your feelings and try to block them out. It's not healthy and if it helps....I think Garrett has a thing for you too." He shakes his head. This poor oblivious guy. Something is wrong with him if he likes Garrett. But Garrett is also in love with him sooo...soulmates I guess. I smile at him then squeeze his shoulder comfortingly and go sit by Ryland.