Truhts

Camila glanced over at the green eyed's car and then back at Jauregui. She didn't think being in a car alone with her ex-lover was the best of ideas, but it was a long walk home and her feet were killing her. "Okay," she relented.

Most of the conversation during the drive was Camila giving the next woman directions and hearing each other breath. Neither one of them knew what to say.

Jauregui lightly tapped her hands on the stirring wheel. "So..." the dark haired began. "How long have you been working at the, uh..."

"Strip club?" The brunette finished, smiling at Jauregui's modesty. "It's okay you can say it. It's not a dirty word."

"Yes, the strip club."

"It's been almost seven months. I tried for other employment opportunities, but not many businesses want to hire an ex-con."

Jauregui nodded. "I guess not..."

"Besides, I'm good at it. Didn't you think so?" She teased.

The car suddenly swerved to the right and an oncoming car honked. Jauregui quickly gripped the wheel, studying their course. "Sorry." The dark haired apologized.

Camila giggled lightly. "It's okay. Make a left here."

The taller woman cleared her throat and followed Camila's directions. She still knows how to make me nervous.

Camila studied Jauregui for a moment. "How did you know it was me?"

"Hmm?"

"In the VIP room. You couldn't see me, so how did you know?"

Jauregui raised an eyebrow. "Do you really want me to answer that question?"

The brunette sighed heavily. "Given the circumstances... I guess not."

"Circumstances?"

"Jauregui, I gave you the bachelorette dance."

Jauregui's mind wandered back to that erotic lap dance and she felt her cheeks grow hot. "Right. I know that must have been really awkward. Hell, it was awkward."

"You're telling me," the brunette replied, looking out the window.

"So...um, are you seeing anyone?" Jauregui asked.

Camila shrugged her shoulders. "I've dated here and there, but no. I'm not seeing anybody."

Jauregui nodded and kept her eyes on the road.

"What about you? Who's the lucky lady?" Camila asked, keeping her eyes fixed to the passenger window.

"Lucky lady?".

The brunette raised her eyebrows and looked at Jauregui as if she was from another planet. "Who are you marrying?"

Jauregui was puzzled for a moment and then realized the mix up. "Oh, no... I'm not getting married," She laughed. "My friends just set me up with the bachelorette dance because they said it was the best. I'm not really..."

"Oh," the brunette ran a hand through her hair. "Oh, I just thought--"

"I was taken?"

Camila shrugged nonchalantly, trying her best to conceal her happiness. If she were by herself in that moment she would be pumping her fists in the air.

"Well, I'm not."

Camila simply nodded and realized they near her home. "This is me."

The green eyed pulled up to the shady looking apartment complex and turned off the engine. They sat there for a moment in silence.

"Thanks for the ride." Camila went for the door, but was stopped by a gentle hand on her arm. She involuntarily closed her eyes at the contact.

"Camila, can we talk?" Jauregui whispered.

The brunette let out a breath and slowly took her hand off the car handle. She slowly faced Jauregui , trying her best to shield her feelings. Even a small touch from her, made Camila's body tingle all over.

They looked at each other for a moment and Jauregui broke their gaze, looking down at the steering wheel. "I wanted to talk about...that night in prison."

"Jauregui, I really don't want to talk about that," the brunette sighed, dropping her head. There has not been a day passed that she did not think of that night.

"Well, then just listen," Jauregui softly spoke.

Camila sat back in the seat and waited for her to speak.

"I just want to say that you were right."

The brunette raised her head and looked at the woman next to her.

"Back then, when you said I was running away from you. I was. And I had no right to say those awful things to you before I left... I didn't mean it. Not a word. I just want to say that I'm really sorry."

The brunette took a moment to take in Cougar's sympathetic words. They meant a lot to her, but she knew she was her fault as well. She shook her head sadly. "No you're not."

"Excuse me?"

Camila felt the pain in her heart swell and she closed her eyes as she remembered that night. "How can you be sorry when I'm the one who pushed you away?"

"Camila, it's alright. I was asking too much of you and..."

"No, that's not it..."

"I couldn't force you to feel what I felt..."

"You don't understand..." the brunette softly spoke.

"I do."

"Jauregui..."

"I came on way too strong--"

"I loved you!" The brunette spat out.

The green eyed's breath caught in her throat. She carefully studied Camila, not sure if she heard what she thought she just heard. "What?"

The brunette looked down at the lap. "You have no idea how much I loved you. And I knew you loved me. I could tell by the way you'd look at me and touch me." Camila looked into her eyes. "But I was afraid. And now you come back into my life and it's not helping, because I obviously still feel something for you. I was fine until you came back. I was..." the brunette suddenly felt sick to her stomach. She totally just admitted all of her inner feelings in less than twenty seconds. "Oh, my God. I can't believe I just said all that," she chastised herself. "It means nothing now." Camila quickly scrambled out of the vehicle, slamming the door behind her. She sprinted towards the apartment complex.

Jauregui just sat there, still stunned by the brunette's words. She couldn't move...couldn't breathe. She looked after Camila as the brunette disappeared inside her apartment.

Camila leaned her head against the door behind her and closed her eyes tightly, willing herself not to cry. "Shit, shit, shit!" The brunette threw down her bag and buried her face in her hands. Tears began to stream down her face like a rushing river and there was no stopping them. She was fine before Jauregui came back into her life. There were no worries, no guilt, no butterflies in the stomach. Then after nearly two years, the tall dark haired was back.

A gentle knock sounded at the door. "Camila?"

The brunette removed her hands from her face and turned around, facing the door.

"Camila, please open the door."

"Go away!" the brunette announced.

"I'm not leaving until you open the door."